Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2023/24 Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@swskier I've stopped actively watching. its on in the background but in German so I've got no idea what's beign said anyway
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Suter's was worse for me than Shiffrin, despite Shiffrin being airlifted out.

The fact she was in so much pain and screaming from what seemed to be a normal landing was really not nice.

Was surprised how totally fine Gisin was getting up. Although her ski is well and truly garbage now!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any more fallers, injuries than a hard course in this sport might expect?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster, Shriffrin apparently messaged the rest of the US team to say "surface is money" so I guess not an issue. Her crash looked more like poor line choice and not being sure over the roller. There are a couple similarities with Aleks' smash the other week
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SnoodyMcFlude, can you explain what " surface is money" means? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shiffrin also seems to be ok, no ACL or MCL damage according to social media.

@Alastair Pink, for surface is money, read, surface is great.
Suspect money as in, on the money.

@ster, top 20 was sitting at around a 25% crash rate, with no statistics to back it up, felt more than usual.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swskier, felt a lot and quite a few big names in that DNF list, more than usual of them there.

@SnoodyMcFlude, that roller and then the sweeping left caught out quite a few.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh no… my dreams to see Mikaela in action at Kronplatz on Tuesday may be sliding away… Crying or Very sad

I hope they all recover safely and quickly. This season seems to be quite dangerous… or at least it feels to me to be more so than previous ones…
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@aewynia, your dream is over. She's confirmed no more racing this weekend or in Kronplatz. Beyond that she doesn't know yet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes. At this point I’m just taking it day by day, and I’ll share more information or updates as I know more. Very thankful it’s not worse, but I’m pretty sore at the moment. I won’t be skiing the rest of this weekend, and I won’t be skiing in Kronplatz. Beyond that, it’s quite hard to say right now. Need a little time to process with my team and see how everything is feeling in the coming days! Thank you all!
And! Like I said - oh my god…looking at the results for our team today made me smile so much!! Congrats everyone, can’t wait to watch the rest of the weekend."
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are they in side by side hospital beds?

Really opens up the womens turny races with her out for an indeterminate while and Vlhova out for the season.

Whos going to come to the fore?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 26-01-24 21:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ster wrote:
Are they in side by side hospital beds?

Really opens up the womens turny races with her out for an indeterminate while and Vlhova out for the season.

Whos going to cone to the fore?

Sara Hector surely?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@swskier, Federica

ACL and meniscus for Corrine Suter. Season over
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And I have grandstand tickets… boo hoo! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, I was think SL and GS. At just GS maybe Brignone, but I still think Hector.
ski holidays
@swskier, I was thinking overall
snow report
I'm not very impressed with the race ex-leader taking the win away from the winner and claiming it's not fair that they were deposed because of race conditions changing rolling eyes
latest report
motyl wrote:
I'm not very impressed with the race ex-leader taking the win away from the winner and claiming it's not fair that they were deposed because of race conditions changing rolling eyes

Is this the Men's have I missed something - I thought .
Allegre
took the win?
ski holidays
@extremerob, It was an interview after the women’s downhill
latest report
Great weekend of racing excluding of course all of the injuries in the womens race.

Chamonix downhill has been cancelled but the Slalom is currently still on!
latest report
russ_e wrote:
Chamonix downhill has been cancelled

Why was that?
latest report
FIS have stated that it's not safe due to the snow conditions caused by the high temps.

https://www.chamonix.net/english/news/kandahar-2024-cancelled-slalom-to-go-ahead#:~:text=On%20Saturday%2027%20January%202024,Saturday%203%20February%20is%20cancelled.
latest report
All women's races in Garmisch next weekend cancelled
ski holidays
Comfortable win for Gut-Behrami today, and an unusual podium with no 3rd place!
latest report
Just saw a video about Ulli Maier, probably the most horrific skiing accident ever, I remember seeing it live on tv felt sick for ages. Yesterday was 30 years anniversary.
ski holidays
Harrow lady wrote:
Just saw a video about Ulli Maier, probably the most horrific skiing accident ever, I remember seeing it live on tv felt sick for ages. Yesterday was 30 years anniversary.

Weird. I watched her crash last week because I met a woman named Ulli. Whatever she hit would not be in the way these days. I wonder how her daughter is doing?
latest report
I hope one or two fellow Snowheads were watching the slalom from Cham. Quite an extraordinary race!
ski holidays
@Rogerdodger, was driving through 4 countries but just caught up with the result. Looks like Dave had a second run charge
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, not as much as Yule though! Not really sure it counts as a charge, the condition of the course just deteriorated so much during the second run
ski holidays
I was slipping a slalom course in the next valley but 500m higher, it got soft enough, wouldn't have wanted to be any lower.
snow conditions
That was pretty exciting. Yule’s backside must have been getting pins and needles the length of time he was in that chair. Well done the Scots lad!
snow conditions
Incredible from Yule.

Reminds me a bit of Dave Ryding’s win in Kitz, a raft of later contenders one by one unable to depose him.
snow conditions
Season end for Sofia Goggia. Broken tib and fib in training
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, another top name out injured, quite a few on the womens circuit now this season!
snow conditions
There's such a tight schedule, especially for those doing a few disciplines, must be hard on the fitness even for elite level athletes. E.g the men's speed circuit had Wengen DH, Wengen SG, Wengen DH, Kitz DH & Kitz DH in the space of 10 days. Add in training and the fact that both are tough courses, kind of surprising we haven't had more issues.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Season end for Sofia Goggia. Broken tib and fib in training

Made it to the BBC but nothing on the FIS website yet.

By hitting a gate? That must have been some whack. There’s the downhill opened up then as well.
snow report
@ster, it's on their social media story Facebook and Instagram
ski holidays
@swskier, I don’t use those.
snow report
Surprised to be the first to comment. Odermatt simply in a class of his own. This season 6 GS starts and 6 wins.
Even Mikaela must be impressed with that statistic!
snow conditions
Remiss of me not to nod in appreciation to another Swiss super star.
Lara G B winning in Andorra by 1 100th of a second from Alice Robinson.
Certainly makes the run in for the ladies crystal globe extremely interesting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy