Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken binding repair or new Skii’s ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have 7 year old Black Crows Orb. I love them. Last week the back bindings front screws pulled out while stopping at speed luckily it was as I stopped. The front screws look quite rusty. The bindings are Marker Griffon. Should I take these bindings off and get some ones that connect front to back so there are different places to attach to the ski? Or should I scrap the skiiis and get new ones ? Not sure how to attach pics to this thread ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redthunder wrote:
I have 7 year old Black Crows Orb. I love them. Last week the back bindings front screws pulled out while stopping at speed luckily it was as I stopped. The front screws look quite rusty. The bindings are Marker Griffon. Should I take these bindings off and get some ones that connect front to back so there are different places to attach to the ski? Or should I scrap the skiiis and get new ones ? Not sure how to attach pics to this thread ?

As long as the core is ok you can remount by using inserts - this is what I'd do. When you say broken binding; is the binding broken as well, or is it just that the screws pulled out?

If you have the picture hosted then just post a link.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I undid the adjuster screw on the binding there were metal filings. The Screws that pulled out are rusty. I think from sitting on the roof ski rack all the way to the alps quite a few times. Might get new bindings anyway . Can you recommend any good bindings. I ski quite hard and dont mind spending on them ? Thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
redthunder wrote:
When I undid the adjuster screw on the binding there were metal filings. The Screws that pulled out are rusty. I think from sitting on the roof ski rack all the way to the alps quite a few times. Might get new bindings anyway . Can you recommend any good bindings. I ski quite hard and dont mind spending on them ? Thanks.

Yeah griffons don't have the best rep, I smashed some years ago (second hand admittedly), so I personally wouldn't get them again even though the holes would line up... I remember seeing a dwg of loads of different hole patterns a while back, can't seem to find it now, but the ideal situation is to find a binding that will allow a fresh mount at boot centre without a clash. Maybe get in touch with @spyderjon, he helped me chose a binding and supplied it along with QK inserts - he has plenty of experience with mounting patterns and compatibility.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have thought 7yo skis would be ready for retirement
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
7 years old. 4 weeks a year. May be I should retire them. What to get ? I tried a few after the failure nothing was as good. Recommendations ? Might have to go on an early season trip to try stuff. Is it worth going to Val thorens in Nov to try before you buy ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd echo @Thomasski, if you really like them, then fit a new set of binding to get them back in use.

The QK solution, if you're unfamiliar, is like a snowboard insert screwed into the ski first,, that then takes a fitment screw in a more secure arrangement to use the same location by effectively repairing the holes.

Could consider a different binding fit, possibly to move them back 10mm or so to put them slightly back from central and gain a little tip float, if that's desirable to your use and feeling with them.

Good advice and kit options from SpyderJohn if you need to talk through and buy new binding too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I found the file buried in my Google drive, and at a quick glance it seems Tyrolia Attacks at -5mm would clear the old holes... BUT I would 100% check with a professional first, see above.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy