Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My first experience of an all mountain ski- Blizzard Brahma SP 88

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all am what I would describe as an advanced skier with over 35 years of experience of European Alpine/Pyrenean skiing- comfortable on all pistes and mild to moderate off piste. However this was before I came to Whistler this year for my first experience of North American skiing which even in a not great snow year is on another level to other resorts I’ve skied in with regards to challenging inbound terrain! I can’t remember the last time I backed out of a run but I came across a double black diamond with an entry that looked frankly terrifying so have stuck to single black diamonds for now and occasional traversing to double blacks avoiding the ridiculous entry points!

Decided to hire skis for change (usually have my own Fischer RC4 Race RCs in my parents garage in the Pyrenees) and sure enough in Whistler they don’t tend to hire out 69 width piste orientated skis- so had my first experience with the 88 Brahmas

First day was certainly an adjustment period both to the skis and the runs but as the week has gone on my confidence has improved. Clearly they don’t turn as quick on edge as narrower skis so have had to plan my turns more but are really nice and v stable at speed and when carving as well as being able to displace more slush and powder than the Fischers. Can also be taken off edge and responds well to aggressive skiing- particularly jump turns on powder and proactivity in moguls.

Downside- they are heavy skis that though allthough they reward you loads when putting effort in you can’t relax with- long radius turns in powder or big moguls will take a toll on your legs and frequent rests are needed if you are in position to need to do that often.

As for Whistler- unlikely to be able to afford to return due to the price of flights nowadays- but so glad I decided to experience it!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you like the 88's but the weight is an issue try the Elan Ripstick 88's .......supalight and so much fun!

Have had 3 sessions on these and they make me smile and appear to be a better skier than in truth Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy