Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pictures of your first days skiing / snowboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Causing much amusement to my daughter when she found this pic of me, some 35 or so years ago.

In the days when hardly anyone wore helmets.

Think the boots were rear-entry Salomon SX91, which was what I was skiing with my Rossi 4S Equipes 207, and of course why make things easy by sticking to the piste Laughing

Pretty sure that must have been in my first week in Verbier, as I know I migrated to soft boots for the next trip.

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2008 in Borovets. I'm the one in pink with the awful snowplough stance. I've just looked back through the photos of that week and it looks really odd now that no-one is wearing a helmet. It was about 15deg, hence my coat being wide open.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not me, but my Mum & Dad met in Norway in the summer of 1946, then went back the following winter to give skiing a go Toofy Grin

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 4-04-24 0:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Aiden, first slide on skis age 3 in March 2024.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some slope in la Plagne, definitely out of control
Riding one of those eBay specials board combos where you got cheap everything for about £129.... 165w board was like an oil tanker to turn.
What a great trip, the start of it all

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 2-04-24 21:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

In the days when hardly anyone wore helmets.

Of cause fashions change. Few people wear one piece suits these days, or ear muffs, or moon boots, or shoulder pas. Back protectors are the latest fashion accessories
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sugarmoma666 wrote:
I've just looked back through the photos of that week and it looks really odd now that no-one is wearing a helmet.

Even more astonishing: most of them lived to tell the tale! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure I would have dared to take a camera on piste as a teenage beginner in 1985. Too expensive and fragile and bulky. And with non-digital photography, no chance of getting a copy of one from a mate.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
According to my Dad, I went ski-ing as bun-in-the-oven in the early '60s.

Sorry, no photo available Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Orange200 wrote:
Not sure I would have dared to take a camera on piste as a teenage beginner in 1985. Too expensive and fragile and bulky. And with non-digital photography, no chance of getting a copy of one from a mate.

This!

This business of taking picture of anything and everything is only post-digital. Pre-digital, a picture actually required thoughts. First, whether, followed by what, how etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@geoffers, they are brilliant pics
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
November 1978 Plas y Brenin dry Slope, me loosing to my younger brother.

May 1985 (I think) same place on a home built snowboard

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 6-04-24 10:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cairngorm a "few" years ago

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, proper '80's "Flashdance" look with those legwarmers mate! Good effort!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@gixxerniknik, they are thick woollen walking socks over tracksuit bottoms IIRC!!
snow report
@kitenski, Try telling that to Irene Carre! Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:
Cairngorm a "few" years ago
What was the construction project in the background @kitenski?
ski holidays
@mountainaddict, I suspect it’s the current base station
snow report
@gixxerniknik, “What a feeling”.

Good effort folks, one of these days I need to digitise my photo pile.
snow report
I have a photo somewhere - but 1978 in Bulgaria - first English school to go to Bulgaria for a ski trip - we were met by armed guards off the plane!
latest report
Soldeau in Andorra probably around 93, sx92s, 2m dynastar race skis and K2 slalom gloves I bought in a bargain bucket in Vail....best I've ever owned.

website upload photos
ski holidays
Hah, this took me down memory lane.

Can't find the photo when I learnt to ski, but my wife took a photo of my having a paddy and throwing my skis and poles up the piste during a lesson as I hated it that much...

earliest ones I can find of me not having a tantrum though:

distinctly remember my wife breaking her arm on this trip and me being really annoyed as it took me off the mountain for a day snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy