Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipfits for Nordica Speedmachine 130S? Worth it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Had new boots this season (as above). Pretty happy with them, skied 20 odd days and they've packed out a bit but still plenty of adjustment left

The liners have cork around the heel which makes em a little difficult to put on but provides very good grip there with no movement at all.

I'm not wild about the tongues which are Velcro secured and one of which I've had to stitch in to prevent it coming loose.

Nordica currently sell replacement liners for this model at about 150 Urows. Is it worth buying one now for the future (assuming they won't sell them forever) or just wear the liners out and get Zipfits down the line? I understand ZFs would be twice that price.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tiredoldskibum, hmmm, OEM liners can be a bit crap.

I’d wear them out and upgrade then to SIDAS, Intuition, Zipfit, etc
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@Tiredoldskibum, hmmm, OEM liners can be a bit crap.

I’d wear them out and upgrade then to SIDAS, Intuition, Zipfit, etc

Cheers. The OEM ones aren't actually bad, I like the cork around the heel thing. I have some wrap around Intuitions from my old boots, I might try them out next season
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zipfit, in our recent experience is just a simple and expensive cure for the wrong choice of shell shape and size in the first place, albeit in exceptional cases it's a possible solution.
I'd say 1/10 have the right shell and size in the first place, pouring in good money (and cork) after bad. Today we had a dude with a light FT boot, 1.2kg, it was too big, didn't fit and had bought a Zip Fit in the UK to fix his heel lifting. He'd pumped 700gms of cork into his liner to stop it. The liner stopped the walk mode functioning, and negated the whole reason for having a lightweight touring shell with a walk mode. The net weight in a size 25 was 2.4 kilos, that's almost 200gms more than a WC ski boot. Beware peoples, it's a solution to a severe problem, not a money pit to recover a poor choice to start with!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CH2O, Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CH2O wrote:
Zipfit, in our recent experience is just a simple and expensive cure for the wrong choice of shell shape and size in the first place, albeit in exceptional cases it's a possible solution.
I'd say 1/10 have the right shell and size in the first place, pouring in good money (and cork) after bad. Today we had a dude with a light FT boot, 1.2kg, it was too big, didn't fit and had bought a Zip Fit in the UK to fix his heel lifting. He'd pumped 700gms of cork into his liner to stop it. The liner stopped the walk mode functioning, and negated the whole reason for having a lightweight touring shell with a walk mode. The net weight in a size 25 was 2.4 kilos, that's almost 200gms more than a WC ski boot. Beware peoples, it's a solution to a severe problem, not a money pit to recover a poor choice to start with!!!!

1200g shell and 1200g liner?!?!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tiredoldskibum, I have the SM130 and must have put 100 days on the original liner and it’s still fine. Clips on 1st or 2nd buckle. It’s a very solid liner - would be very surprised if it’s packed out after 20 days. I have an ankle issue on the right foot and my fitter puts some reinforcement around the ankle to improve the heel hold. Something like this may be a (cheaper) option if there is some space in certain areas of the liner
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:
@Tiredoldskibum, I have the SM130 and must have put 100 days on the original liner and it’s still fine. Clips on 1st or 2nd buckle. It’s a very solid liner - would be very surprised if it’s packed out after 20 days. I have an ankle issue on the right foot and my fitter puts some reinforcement around the ankle to improve the heel hold. Something like this may be a (cheaper) option if there is some space in certain areas of the liner

Cheers. The liners are still good, no movement in the heel. I have low volume calves and ankles so I probably to tighten my boots a bit more than many. Started out buckle 2 all day, now go 3 to start and tighten to 4 after a few runs. As I say, plenty left and the buckles can be moved too so no rush.

Just wondering if I should put a set of liners in stock for a few years time, while they’re available.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tiredoldskibum wrote:

Just wondering if I should put a set of liners in stock for a few years time, while they’re available.

I wouldn’t. It’s not like Nordica are going away. Get the latest liner when you need it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
as CH20 said above, if the boot shell is a good choice then the zipfit liner can make it a better fit, zipfit make a liner which works for a crossover boot but not a light weight touring boot, only that one liner had a rearward flex, and as said if you are pumping that much cork into the liner it is most likely the wrong boot selection
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM wrote:
as CH20 said above, if the boot shell is a good choice then the zipfit liner can make it a better fit, zipfit make a liner which works for a crossover boot but not a light weight touring boot, only that one liner had a rearward flex, and as said if you are pumping that much cork into the liner it is most likely the wrong boot selection

Cheers CEM, and everyone else.

I think the boots were well fitted (Andar Sports, Andorra) and later adjusted & I really like em.

I think I'll wear the liners out and reassess. Always fancied zipfits so...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tiredoldskibum, I have SIDAS PU Race Model custom injected liners (I've never done any race training). They have been amazing for my lower volume ankles and calves in a medium volume boot. The difference they made to my ski control was outstanding. SIDAS also make a comfort version.

I've used them for over 100 days and the technician who fitted them said they should last 300 days.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tiredoldskibum, ive got zips(x2) and intuition(×1) fitted by 2 guys in this thread. zips are far superior in my opinion.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy