Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia to Valtournenche buses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what times the buses run from Valtournenche to Cervinia in the morning / and what time they run after 5 from Cervinia back to Valtournenche - the bus timetable is hard to understand but looks like no buses after 5.30 is that right?

Can you take skis on all the buses ( some look like coaches? )

Has anyone used a taxis Cervinia to Valtournenche Dec 23 / Jan 24 ( we are going out March 24 )

Thank you Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And can somebody tell me how to pronounce "Valtournenche". Is it (like Cervinia) Italian style, or French style? Welcome to Snowheads @Hanna1970 snowHead. Sorry I can't help with buses!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is this any use to you? I'm going there on 24th too (actually, arriving 25th), and am also intending to use the busses, so any further information is gratefully received!

https://aosta.arriva.it/en/valtournenche-cervinia/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had to hitch hike back to Cervinia when I skiied down to Valtourneche as the weather closed in. My lift then spun the car into the barriers on the way up!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pavlf wrote:
Is this any use to you? I'm going there on 24th too (actually, arriving 25th), and am also intending to use the busses, so any further information is gratefully received!

https://aosta.arriva.it/en/valtournenche-cervinia/

Thanks - yes I've looked at the bus timetable- from what I can see there are about 3 buses after 4 pm to come back to Valtournenche -from the main terminal in Cervinia- can anyone on here help with how far is it to walk from the Cervinia slopes / bars to the main bus terminal ? - I think the ski bus stops around 5 so if we want to stay for longer in Cervinia we will need to go from the terminal - i think I've got that right?

And any recommendations for eating out in Valtournenche also appreciated wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Coq Rouge in Valtournenche for food. Absolutely fantastic

The buses are a pain. I've stood freezing in Cervinia many times waiting for the bus back down. Despite the fact that there's only one road and every bus has to go through Valtournenche, not every bus stops there.

You can also look forward to the utter faff and pantomime of the drivers. They won't let you board until they've spent 15 minutes adjusting the drivers seat from the previous drivers settings then another 10 minutes fannying around with their coin machine thing, all the while a huge queue of freezing people stand outside. They do run reasonably late. I'm sure I've got one at 8pm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Suggest moving to resort reviews not snow and weather reports and info?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Origen wrote:
And can somebody tell me how to pronounce "Valtournenche".

Val-tour-nAnsh is how I hear the locals pronounce it
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks, @boardinbob snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy