Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent. Transfer help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

Flight was late to geneva and despite only being 4 mins late, Bens Bus left without us.

We are headed to VT. Any advice on a taxi etc we could get in an emergency

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bezthespaniard, bad luck!! 4 minutes late is not really late at all ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bezthespaniard, Catch the train to Moutiers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stand outside the hire car departure at the airport with a cardboard sign saying VT with all your ski kit.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got a lift to moutiere. Taxi from there I assume
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
4.42 gets into moutier 7.46
€42 pp

Change at Chambery

Taxi from Moutier
There may be earlier trains
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bezthespaniard, have bens bus got a later transfer they can put you on to, even if it only to moutiers and you can make your own way from there?

also, from memory when you book with them, don't they put you on to the transfer that is compatible with your flight arrival time. As it seems to build in an amount of wriggle room, if so surely it is still their responsibility?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bezthespaniard, bad luck. Presumably Ben's Bus will not be offering a refund as you weren't there by the stated time?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bezthespaniard,
Quote:

thats great, can you not try the local altibus service
link to website pasted, quite a few services still available this afternoon, for 13 euros approx

https://booking.altibus.com/Reservation/SuiteWidget
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Or catch the bus
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
this is why I don’t trust shared transfer bus options - the small print on all of them suggests you could be stranded if flights are delayed
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
terrygasson wrote:
@bezthespaniard, have bens bus got a later transfer they can put you on to, even if it only to moutiers and you can make your own way from there?

also, from memory when you book with them, don't they put you on to the transfer that is compatible with your flight arrival time. As it seems to build in an amount of wriggle room, if so surely it is still their responsibility?

BB let you cut it pretty fine (on my last trip, I booked a 1245 with a 1130 arrival, which if we hadn't been able to use the EU/Schengen gates would have been touch and go on our transfer from GVA), but when booking they offer the ability to buy an option on a seat on the later bus (if there is one) for relatively little money. They're also pretty relentless about phoning if you've not shown up, so am a little surprised to hear they left with just a 4m delay.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just an update on this:

I’ve used BB for years and years. Never had a problem - always put on a later bus and certainly never abandoned.

Not this year - we arrived a little late into Geneva. BB called us when we arrived and going through passport control.

Told them we would be 20 minutes and that we would be around 5 to 10 mins late for our bus.

Was told this wasn’t an issue and to come to their desk when thru.

We ended up arriving 4 mins late but they hadn’t held the bus. And there were no spots on a later bus. Naturally we kicked off and they made us wait 3 hours in the airport in case someone didn’t turn up.

Eventually they let us on a bus to Moutiere and abandoned us there. We had to pay to get up to VT.

I’ve never been abandoned by a bus/transfer company before especially when told we were ok on time.

Won’t ever use them again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bezthespaniard wrote:
Just an update on this:

I’ve used BB for years and years. Never had a problem - always put on a later bus and certainly never abandoned.

Not this year - we arrived a little late into Geneva. BB called us when we arrived and going through passport control.

Told them we would be 20 minutes and that we would be around 5 to 10 mins late for our bus.

Was told this wasn’t an issue and to come to their desk when thru.

We ended up arriving 4 mins late but they hadn’t held the bus. And there were no spots on a later bus. Naturally we kicked off and they made us wait 3 hours in the airport in case someone didn’t turn up.

Eventually they let us on a bus to Moutiere and abandoned us there. We had to pay to get up to VT.

I’ve never been abandoned by a bus/transfer company before especially when told we were ok on time.

Won’t ever use them again.

Awful service Sad .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy