Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Mojo Adjustment Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been using a Ski Mojo for around 10 years now due to an arthritic right knee, but had a TKR two years ago and have skied twice since without any problems (still using the Mojo though). However, my Mojo will not engage when I switch it on and then stand up with my skis on. I have to take off my skis each time I get off a chair lift and push the spring at the knee to get them to engage, which is a real pain.

I originally had the Mojo set up for me when I bought it, but according to my last health check, I have shrunk about an inch (I was only 5' 2'' to begin with!) and have put on a few kilos since then.

I'm pretty sure I need to adjust my Mojo, but would appreciate some advice on what exactly I need to do before I try myself and end up doing the wrong thing. I'm off on a ski safari in two weeks, so would love to get it working correctly before I go.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@FionaG, It's all explained here https://www.ski-mojo.ski/wp-content/uploads/DOCS/User-Guide-Ski-Mojo.pdf

I have always had the problems you describe with engaging the Mojo in that I cannot engage them just by standing up. However, I've never actually found it a problem. Before the first lift and before getting into my skis I engage the Mojo (before the TKR I would hve to use both hands to engage it, but now just by pressing the knees straight) then I leave it engaged until I have to take the skis off. I never disengage for chair lifts and TBH never find this a problem.

I grew 2cm after having my knee replaced Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The seat strap, is the top edge sitting on the crease ( in my case) where your buttocks join your leg?

If you've shrunk a bit then perhaps the seat belt is too high up, bending the mojo more as your back bottom sticks out. and if you can't quite straighten the new knee like the old one then both would effect engagement.

I can't straighten one knee and so i stand with the bad knee downhill, straighten the leg as much as I can and push the mojo back at the hinge. Sometimes have to do the same for the other leg. A bit of practice and it becomes easy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it the weight tension that needs adjusting? 10yrs would be Mk 2 or possibly 3?
Thinking you many need to adjust the tension to tighten the spring, forcing your leg straight to engage

Weight tension is down towards the bottom of the instructions linked above…
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gored, ah yes, that nut on the end that adjusted the cable
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy