Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Heading out on the 27th but thought I’d get the thread started. Last nights big dump means the base at top is 2m which is pretty much double what you’d normally have there at this time of year in a good season. Obviously this now means there won’t be any fresh snow when we visit wink

The Obere Scheidbahn lift was closed for the duration of our visit last Christmas/new year and I noticed it hadn’t opened up this year so thought it might be kaput. I contacted the tourist office and they told me it’s all down to avalanche control as it takes time to make the area safe and it will definitely open. With the accumulation so far this season and altitude and aspect the itinerary should be in amazing condition if it opens next week. Will update on conditions when I get out there snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arrived in a very sunny Serfaus after a record flight and transfer. Saving my legs so didn’t bother going up the hill. Friends were up this afternoon and said it looks like it had rained and re-frozen so it was bullet in places but still some good snow to be found.

Checked out the new base station re-vamp - the ski depot is absolutely huge - wasn’t exactly small before, very impressive, you can see where some of the €80m investment went. They now have a new pimped up system in the boot section where your boots, gloves and helmet are stored in individual heated trays so they are dry and warm when you pick them up in the morning - nice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure there is already thread on the go.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I read " Saving my legs so didn’t bother going up the hill. " as shaving my legs so didn't bother going up the hill, Laughing Laughing Laughing and thought how would that stop me getting a few runs in. lol!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JimboS, haven’t seen one
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Guernseyfreerider, we were discussing transfers for 8 plus lots of luggage on the other thread, if it's gone it's gone. How did you organise your transfer?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JimboS, I always use Taxi Fuchs - Metin is your man, if he can’t help you he might know someone who can +43 650 7433659 office@taxi-fuchs.com
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@biddpyat, I decided to wax them in the end for speed but I hear you Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First day on the slopes, bit of a lazy start and didn’t get to the base station till 09.30. Headed up the alpkopfhbahn as it was quiet for a warm up run on the waldabfahrt. Also a good choice for a groomer in the morning as it’s quiet as no one wants to ski back to the village at that time. Skier’s right on the piste is always a good shout. It wasn’t great at the top, lots of cookies but got considerably better from about half way down.

They’ve obviously done a lot of ground work at the bottom to provide easy ski access to the new Komperdellbahn base station.

After a very short wait we got on the new lift, ten person gondola (you take skis in the cabin) and it’s very nice too, also very quick (ten minutes too the top). The mid station is quite random but is actually in a good place for beginners or timid intermediates who don’t want to ski the last section of the home run which to be fair can often be carnage. It also provides better pedestrian access to the lithe wirth restaurant and also to the main system for people coming over from Fiss.

So the hunt was on for good snow. The good news is coverage everywhere is great and there is plenty open. After checking out side piste around the Scheidbahn area which was bullet/crust we headed to Masner. And once again it delivered. The chairlift up didn’t look promising, no tracks unsurprisingly on icy wind blown off piste. However we thought the central couloir might be decent as it’s high and offers protection from wind. The top section off the lift is closed but all you need to do is cut in from the top of the black masnerkopfabfahrt and you are in the central couloir. It was chalky and grippy at the top and then softened below, I’m claiming it as powder as it was untracked. It was great fun and probably the only decent snow you’ll find off piste at the moment. We did it a mere 8 times, just under 12,000 vertical on one run for those who like to keep count snowHead

My son enjoyed his first turns of the season on there: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1Zyy8xNNbL/?igsh=MjlmanRnOGJ0ZGJt

Legs were shot so we headed for home. Stopped for a quick beer in the apres hut on Komperdell. Oh by the way they don’t take cash, so it’s an IOU job tomorrow, doh.

We liked the new Komperdellbahn so much we took the gondola of shame down to finish the day Razz
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Guernseyfreerider, Thanks for the updates, we are out there in a few weeks after a week in Lech. We haven't been to the area before so your reports will be a great intro.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Headed out on our annual trip to Fiss this morning but it didn’t last long. We met the gondola half way after taking the sun liner from serfaus. The lifties were well organised shouting out availability of each cabin and herding people in.

My theory was there would be good snow off the sides of Almbahn (itinerary was shut but black open) but it was poop, almost like it had all been blown away. We couldn’t be arsed to ski back down so headed back to Serfaus. The Direttisma black (56) was open. To be honest we were just using it as the quickest way to get back and thought it would be bullet in the sun but it was great, super grippy. It’s a very consistent pitch 35 degrees and was a smiler. Was slightly envious the guys on race carvers who were just sending it and obviously having great fun.

We headed to Pezid in the search of good snow via the Obere Scheidbahn. We thought there might be decent snow on the pezid itinerary but were wrong again and had to take the black - pezid-vertikal (145). I’m sure they’ve cut a more direct line this year. Anyway it’s steep and if speed skiing is your thing you can fill your boots here - I saw one guy straight lining it who must have been touching 75mph. On fat skis it was a three turn windscreen wiper job Embarassed

So shock we headed to Masner speculating if the great snow from yesterday was holding up. Luckily it was, and after inventing a new game of avalanche barrier slalom we accessed some deeper
untracked stuff that was very nice. The main couloir we have pisted ourselves we’ve lapped it so many times https://www.instagram.com/p/C1cakP8t_hu/?igsh=Z3cxd3I5ZWZjbHow

It’s just under 40 degrees but chalky and grippy and good for practicing turns.

Slopes were very quiet today, maximum wait for lifts was about 5 mins at Fiss.

Fresh snow would be welcome now please snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Guernseyfreerider, Fiss Nordseite does get very wind-scraped unfortunately
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Guernseyfreerider wrote:

On fat skis it was a three turn windscreen wiper job Embarassed

No need for embarrassment, we all know that maneuver. It’s smart to suck it up and live to fight another day.

Helpful report.

PS have you noticed if the soup joint is still in the Komperdell bergstation?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scooter in Seattle,

We were supposed to meet for lunch today but it was closed! Closed on Saturdays and Wednesdays now and the Ski Lounge too. Wonder if it’s a staff shortage, our go too eating place.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A late start to the day, we headed to Fiss to try and do the slalom for my daughter’s GCSE. The new year crowds were out!

We skied down from the top of the sun liner to the bottom of the Waldbahn but it was awful, crowded and terrible snow. We decided to call it quits before we had even begun and headed back to serfaus.

Tip of the day: if you are coming over from Fiss during peak season/busy times, don’t bother getting the new Komperdellbahn from the mid station, it tends to be loaded to capacity from the bottom so you are better off skiing to the base as we did.

Colder today and conditions much better on piste. All three runs from the top of Scheidbahn were in really quite good condition. We did a couple of runs off Plansegg in the afternoon (is there a chairlift that stops more frequently than the Plansegg bahn in the world)? Skullie

We had lunch in the suppenkasper still the best value place on the mountain but not cheap anymore. We finished with a cheeky beer in the ski lounge - new this year, Swanky ponchos for those who want to venture outside for a cigarette or to take in the views.

As I speak it’s hammering it down and preparing the kit for a powder day tomorrow - everything crossed!

Happy new year all snowHead
ski holidays
Yesterday morning was superb! We got up early after the evening snow fall and were on the first lift. We went up to Lassida and tried the side piste down to Scheidbahn it looked promising but was a bit crusty so we decided to head to Masner.

The pezidbahn went technical so after waiting around for a bit we decided to head back only to see it working again so we turned around. When we got to the Masner bowl we jumped into the off piste on skiers lift, it was very nice and all untracked. We got on the Masner chair and were amazed to see the whole face completely untracked! Only In serfaus would this happen!

We certainly weren’t the the first to the top but me and my son and a German friend got first tracks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1jwTCuraBH/?igsh=MXN2NXV0N2dlYzFzdw==

It had filled in beautifully in the gulley and was deep and light. We managed to get in again before people had clocked our tracks and decided to join in. In the arlberg this would have been gone in 60 seconds but we went another half a dozen times finding fresh tracks each time. I managed to take the worst GoPro footage ever Embarassed

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1mQetMrN_J/?igsh=OGg4YTQ0ZWN3M2Jr

Unfortunately on my last run I got nailed by another skier on the outrun. We were both okay, tweaked my hamstring and with my knee suffering a bit this week and a trip to Japan planned I decided to call it quits after a great morning although not before skiing some nice untracked from the top of the Scheidbahn. Why it was still untracked in the afternoon who knows but then who cares Laughing

My daughter met us and skied the afternoon with my son in the Plansegg bowl, there is always untracked powder there on mellow gradients after a snowfall, just turn skiers right under the fun park and there’s some fun pitches along a nice stretch.

I spent a very nice afternoon in the skiers lounge with my wife. You’ll be pleased to know they now do a burger in there for Eur28, I didn’t have it but I’d hope it’s a worldie for that price!

Today I went for physio in Fiss and then came up to Komperdell and walked around the lake. Kids were skiing today and said the pistes were fantastic. They also skied some very nice powder off the Oberscheidbahn.

New this year is an airbag at Komperdell for those who like to spin to win without breaking bones
latest report
A sluggish start to the day after a big Patschi session last night! It’s our last day and unfortunately I was getting more physio so didn’t ski. There was a few cm last night and it was a crisp bluebird day.

My children (18 and 16 year old) went in search of powder and found some fantastic snow to skiers left of Obere Scheidbahn: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1o8Z8qNEXS/?igsh=MTg5ajE4NDhreXh0ag==

For some reason people were focusing on taking the high traverse ending up on a sun baked south pitch ignoring some lovely cold smoke right in front of them with minimum effort required! The kids just kept lapping it and even found some untracked in the afternoon: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1pQth_NEjz/?igsh=ZzU1eWkwazljZ21m

I headed up to see alm for a walk around the lake and the cross country area followed by lunch at see Alm hog. It was okay, I feel food quality has dropped off a bit over the last few years. We were out with some friends last night and talking to their friends who are staying in one of two apartments up there (never knew they existed), obviously very quiet but must be a handy place to be to get first tracks on a powder day.

Friends spent the morning in Fiss skiing untracked east facing slopes and questioning why no one else was there snowHead
They also skied some great snow off the Konigsleithbahn. It’s always a good place to head on a powder day with consistent fall line skiing, although the bulk of the area is south facing there are some shaded gullies and trees if you drop below the line of the chair. The snow on piste was by all accounts fantastic courtesy of the new snow and cold temperatures. With more snow on the way anyway coming out is in for a treat.

After seven years skiing in serfaus this time of year we are probably going to have a change next year.

Anyone coming out this season have a great time and for first timers if you have any questions let me know snowHead
snow report
Those trees under the Konigsleithebahn remind me of home. Super fun little section with your choice of a cold beer or the chair waiting at the bottom.
ski holidays
Looking a bit warm next week, just bought a 7 day pass, perhaps should have gone for a 6 in 7 to avoid the rainy day.

snow report
VERY warm on the slopes today. Didn't even freeze overnight. Off piste basically unskiable after noon it was so soft. Piste felt like April spring skiing and snow got pushed into big mushy piles. Started to rain around 15:00.

For some reason, it was extremely busy even with the conditions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy