Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted :Jones Mountain Twin Snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to buy a second hand Jones Mountain Twin snowboard, ideally 157 or 160cm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you had one/ridden one? I'd proceed with caution if not - I found my week-long loaner way too stiff. And I've had plenty of boards over the last 20 years, and no way I wanted one of these... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tested a previous version at the time I bought my current board (Yes Typo), was a close call between the two at that time, went for the typo as it felt it might be a bit more easy going but am finding it is a tad on the slow side, especially on the flat stuff and I put that down to the base composition.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can’t see when this was written but I have one for sale in the UK if you still need. Can talk about including falcor union bindings too most probably if necessary.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wiigman wrote:
Have you had one/ridden one? I'd proceed with caution if not - I found my week-long loaner way too stiff. And I've had plenty of boards over the last 20 years, and no way I wanted one of these... Toofy Grin

What was it too stiff for?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowyc wrote:
wiigman wrote:

What was it too stiff for?
Everything Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not just talking park, I found it a handful in all conditions. Possibly this is due to my light weight (60kg), and not being able to put enough power through it, no matter how aggressively I rode/tried. We had made a trip to ride the a-little-famous-maybe Red Bull Linecatcher slope in Vars. Off piste, steep slots (but not quite no fall zone) and I did not trust the board/enjoy it... Got my K2 out and felt a lot better.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surprised you found yours stiff, so just shows how important it is to try out boards and find one that suits you. For what it is worth I find my mountain twin extremely forgiving and a joy to ride on and off piste in mixed condiitons. Have got a 154 and am 65kg. I'm not really a park rat so can't comment on that.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@wiigman, out of interest when did you try it? The general concensus is that Jones boards have been getting softer for quite a few years now. I got one of the early Flagships (and still ride it) and they were generally considered to be extremely stiff, but that suits my riding. Every iteration since then has been getting softer and more forgiving since then, and thats the same for the whole range.

As the MT is about as close to a freestyle board that Jones do, the only advice I'd give is that are you really going to be doing freestyle on it - in which case go buy it but be honest to yourself about the riding you're going to be doing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@wiigman, out of interest when did you try it? The general concensus is that Jones boards have been getting softer for quite a few years now. I got one of the early Flagships (and still ride it) and they were generally considered to be extremely stiff, but that suits my riding. Every iteration since then has been getting softer and more forgiving since then, and thats the same for the whole range.
Good thinking - totally makes sense. My test was about four years ago; and I'm pretty sure I was on a tester from the year before. Silly of me to think boards never change; they obviously do. Esp given how Jones are getting more sustainable. I heard of x2 issues only last week re this season models not taking the hammer from season-workers as they used to. And this was in Japan, land of few rocks and core-shots. BTW, love those early Flagships, my pal has one and still rides it hard (the only way!).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kat.ryb wrote:
Surprised you found yours stiff, so just shows how important it is to try out boards and find one that suits you. For what it is worth I find my mountain twin extremely forgiving and a joy to ride on and off piste in mixed condiitons. Have got a 154 and am 65kg. I'm not really a park rat so can't comment on that.
Good info - I think I am out of date on how stiff these were vv are. Mine was fresh out of the wrapper, and I dare say they can ease a little with wear. Or certainly the K2s seem to re pop-rods etc. Re the Twin I tried, I previously had a Ride Concept UL, with a flex rating of 9 (it was silly really for anything but beast-mode) and the Twin was just as stiff Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@muzhit, sorry I missed the comment, what are you selling?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy