Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich airport closed due to snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Scarlet the way to try to get some money out of them is to fill in the form at https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/feedback (not easy to find I had to get a Lufthansa employee show me) the phone system involves long waits and the chat bot is useless.

@Chris_n, I have the feeling that the ability to live with snow has got worse around here. When I first came most winters there would be snow and maybe there would be some disruption during a heavy fall or immediately afterwards but enough snow was cleared very quickly so that life went on as normal unlike in the UK. This time 5 days after the snow fell there is still chaos, the further reaches of the s bahn network are still closed, many long distance trains are still not running, the Munich tram network is pretty much closed due to snow & ice in the rails. There is a feeling that there is not as much effort being put into infrastructure as there was. The s-bahn & trains used to be very reliable whatever the weather but now frustrating slow journeys have become the norm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Presumably Munich gets such bad weather very rarely, but the Tyrol is used to it. Stands to reason that the latter copes better. Most of the UK rarely gets disruptive snow and investment in the amount of heavy plant a small Alpine town has standing by in garages would be absurd. It doesn't take much snow to stop Geneva airport functioning.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@munich_irish, excellent, thank you!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy