Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2023/24. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
As @dan100 says, pistes are in excellent condition more like late January than late April. Some excellent off piste powder this morning, but by this afternoon some was getting a little crusty under the last 24hrs fresh. Despite some ski school groups and lots of instructor trianing going on very quiet particularly in the afternoon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds incredible out there over the past few days. And there was me wondering "Will there be snow in April?" wink

You can always rely on good old Espace Killy! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Even more powder today and it is still snowing. Forecast for the final week not looking good though with rain forecast all week at village level.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boot deep powder on ok Orange made it one of my favourite ever runs. Conditions were again amazing with decent visibility for most of the day. Excellent sausage roll and chips in the Corner. Snowing lightly but steadily at the moment. Last half day tomorrow. Very much a bonus week for me when I was told I had no chance of skiing this season after breaking shoulder 15 weeks ago

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 24-04-24 6:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dates of Tignes summer activities have been confirmed, including summer sking Very Happy

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing steadily again this morning.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski lots wrote:
Even more powder today and it is still snowing. Forecast for the final week not looking good though with rain forecast all week at village level.

Finds a tenner, but loses 20p.

Complains about losing 20p.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow wrote:
Ski lots wrote:

I found a fifty under a chair lift once…

Also, couldnt help but wonder - who has their wallet out on a chair lift Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Pow wrote:
Ski lots wrote:

I found a fifty under a chair lift once…

Also, couldnt help but wonder - who has their wallet out on a chair lift Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Once found a 50 euro note on the floor of the Folie Douce in VT. A good afternoon was then had by all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowhound wrote:
Once found a 50 euro note on the floor of the Folie Douce in VT. A good afternoon was then had by all.

You all managed to share 2 pints between you? Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I though he meant the cocaine which the 50 was encrusted with
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So have left tignes after an excellent weeks skiing it had snowed again overnight with 10cm of fresh snow on top of the pistes this morning so again the pistes are in incredible condition. Exceptionally cold today with some periods of great visibility though visibility was mixed. There is certainly plenty of snow above 1800.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowed virtually all day again today - in case anyone is small minded enough to think that is a complaint, it’s not, merely an observation about the weather. On piste conditions superb, off piste visibility was awkward at times and a bit humid in places, but still amazing. Really quite this afternoon too.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yesterday looked superb. Freezing level is going up quite a bit for the lack week though.
ski holidays
@Peter S, yesterday was indeed superb, with powder on and off piste. Vallon de La Sache was particularly good. Freezing level for next week seems not to be forecast quite as high as it was earlier. The odd snow flake in the air on the bun shop run this morning.
snow report
Wow seems some of the best skiing was late in the season!
ski holidays
i certainly had one of my best days
snow conditions
Very much an end of term feel today, despite there still being 8 days to go. The Black Shoes telemark festival is on and it seems to be better supported this year, with lots of really good exponents. Lots of lifts were closed today in anticipation of the wind getting up. We are not totally convinced that was the sole reason. Many now closed for the rest of the season. Also Follie Douche closing party for the “beautiful people”. Pistes still generally in great condition.
snow report
Looks a bit damper today on the webcams
snow report
Nice snow higher up, but mushy lower down and never perfect visibility with lots of wind, but generally nice enough. Skipped lunch and packed in at 16:00.

Tignes has severely limited the lifts available as well as shop and restaurant closures. Would have been fine as last week was always quite restricted and it does not impact us much, but the resort has been heavily marketing “Spring Break”. Folk were not pleased in the bun shop this morning to find out today was it’s last day as it was for the supermarket.
latest report
That's a pity. Looks like it could keep going for a few weeks in terms of snow quality anyway.
snow conditions
I'm staying in the area at end of June and and contemplating 2-3 mornings on the GM glacier. Will bring my own boots but travelling via air so not worth bringing skis for just a few mornings skiing. Do the hire shops in VC continue to hire out skis in the summer? I normally use the Intersport Jhana in VC and know they are open for the usual MTB trade. If not any recommendations for summer ski hire?
snow report
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
I'm staying in the area at end of June and and contemplating 2-3 mornings on the GM glacier. Will bring my own boots but travelling via air so not worth bringing skis for just a few mornings skiing. Do the hire shops in VC continue to hire out skis in the summer? I normally use the Intersport Jhana in VC and know they are open for the usual MTB trade. If not any recommendations for summer ski hire?

I did hire skis for my daughters at the Intersport close to the funiculaire in July last year (I had brought my own skis as carrying skis in a train in July was too good an opportunity to miss!)
I had e-mailed the Office du Tourisme and there were a couple of options for summer ski hiring.
ski holidays
I am contemplating a few « final » skiing days from Weds to Friday this week. The weather forecast does not look great but then…
ski holidays
@snowfranck, Wednesday looking very windy, but Thursday Friday ok. There is a bit of sun this morning. Pistes were a bit sticky in places yesterday and sloppy at village level but pretty quiet and fun higher up.
latest report
Ski lots wrote:
@snowfranck, Wednesday looking very windy, but Thursday Friday ok. There is a bit of sun this morning. Pistes were a bit sticky in places yesterday and sloppy at village level but pretty quiet and fun higher up.

Thanks! On my way then Very Happy
snow conditions
A bit “Scottish weather” today. We skied until we were waterlogged. Strong wind, rain at village level (snow level has now dropped a bit), wind drifts across pistes, poor vis. Generally challenging and the first time I have actually thought there was any risk of dislocating my metal hip. The replat rope tow was out of commission again and the magic carpet in Le Lac which helps beginners and folk getting from the JH/Trolles schuss to the Palafour lift is now closed for the duration. Despite the marketing there are actually fewer lifts open in Tignes for the last week than there were last year, notably Merles which would allow an anti-clockwise circuit of the lake. It seems there is a lack of joined up thinking between the marketing folk, STGM and the shop and restaurant owners.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski lots wrote:
A bit “Scottish weather” today.

Challenging conditions for sure. Rain (in the morning) and really wet snow at village level, very limited visibility and inconsistent snow condition higher up (like at the top of the funiculaire).

I could not quite solve the equation!

My gloves were the first to lose the battle against the rain, I might go back for a run or two if I find another pair.

Well, it still is fun to be outside in the mountains and it beats another day in the city!
snow report
@Ski lots, completely agree about the lack of joined up thinking, it's the same here in Val. The amount of bars and restaurants that close for the last week (some 2 weeks) and reflects very badly on Val/Tignes. I would be extremely annoyed if I came for a late season ski (as per the marketing), only to discover hardly anything open in town. I honestly believe that they should be obligated to stay open as long as the lifts do. I understand there are currently no seassonaire bars open in Tignes, slightly better in Val now with a grand total of two.
snow conditions
@Dr John, at least there is a little more in the way of lifts in Val at the moment, notwithstanding the wind.

There is a large group of Dutch families in Tignes (via FamilyJam) and predominantly in VC. There have been no supermarkets (or Boulangeries) open in VC since Sunday and they had little in them before that to serve them. Whilst that is not unusual for the last week and you can jump on the shuttle to Le Lac, we had assumed that given the marketing a little more would be open.

Still at least the fresh snow should make things high up good for the last few days.
ski holidays
More snow the last 2 mornings, perhaps 10cm each day. A bit humid, but made for a winter wonderland this morning. Temperatures due to rise over the weekend, but should not be many folk around to churn things up.
snow report
Well the sun finally came out today and it was much clearer than predicted. The result was spring like snow off piste, actually more like a cm or 2 of packed powder on a firm crust it skied beautifully smoothly. On the down side the lift company closed the Lanches lift for today and tomorrow, although they did announce that it would re-open for "professionals" on Monday, whatever that means as tomorrow is the last day Crying or Very sad .
latest report
I can second what @Ski lots says. The closure of Lanches made me head to Borsat / Marmottes and many laps ensued. Beautiful conditions on piste, off piste and in the sky. Felt like a rather lovely "last hurrah" as I think tomorrow will be more overcast and possibly snowy.

In lift-related news, I popped around to a friend of a friend last week for a few drinks. He's head of maintenance for STGM. He explained what happened with the Col des Ves chairlift: one of the chairs got caught on the running gear above the pylon, slipped off the cable and several more chairs smashed into it all. Luckily on the downward leg (!) else Lord knows... It's to get a new cable and chairs over the summer.

As for Marais: a thief has broken into the bottom station of Aiguille Rouge (the same cabin will serve both lifts) and stolen the computers that were going to run the new lift... Hoping it won't delay the project!

I'm gonna sign off now for this season. Hoping to be back again next winter and happy to aid and abett @chocksaway with whatever intel I can.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy