Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atrial Fibrillation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@kitenski, going back to my "thing" about risk perception, I don't think it's possible to answer that sort of question in general terms.
Doesn't it depend on what's important to you?

With some cardiac conditions the risk of a catastrophic episode, like the one which saw my husband drop dead at the top of the stairs (probably dead before he hit the ground) is real.

For me, this is not an important risk. In fact it's exactly the way I would choose to go. I am much more fearful of the sort of decline which sees people with heart failure unable to cope with even minor exertion, unable to lie flat in bed and puffed up with untreatable oedema. I would prefer to be dead, so if I DID enjoy pushing myself physically to my limits and taking on big athletic challenges (which I don't.....), that's exactly what I would do, even if my doctors advised that it would increase my risk of sudden cardiac death. I've seen sudden cardiac death and (for the dead person at any rate) it's not something to fear.

But having made that decision, I'd not be stressing about it and taking my pulse every five minutes. That stress would just increase the risk.
wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Origen, yes I get what you are saying, but if (in my case) I could do less "full out" bikes/runs and thus increase my longevity and thus more skiing/hiking etc I think it's worth doing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy