Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost baggage

Poster: A snowHead
@davehk, as mentioned above, just make sure that the tag you are fixing to your luggage actually relates to you, and not the previous person in the queue that used the machine, who is flying to a completely different country.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tarrantd, I've had a look at your PIR in GVA (you are Mr Cooper right)?, and can also see that there is an unclaimed bag in CPH which came on a BA flight from LHR on the 16th March. The bag is in somebody else's name (Danish), however, i'd say there's a pretty good chance that this is your bag.

Unfortunately, CPH haven't listed any contents, so I can't confirm 100% if it's a match or not, but it is black and rigid like yours.

Who's next? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mikeycharlton, Thank you. I see you have also been in contact with my friend (Mr Cooper). He is over the moon that you have been able to tie this together.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tarrantd, ha, no worries.

I wasn't sure whether you were the owner or not, but yes, contact has been made with Mr Cooper.

Pretty good chance that the bag I can see in Copenhagen is his. Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mikeycharlton, you are a hero. Wishing you great snow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
All hail to THE most useful snowHead - mikeycharlton! (Cue trumpet fanfare!) Amazing. The power of snowHeads at its very best. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just invested in an AirTag for my upcoming trip. I've always had a plastic, tough luggage tag on the outside of my bag with my details on including flights etc. But not considered putting that info inside as well.

But I've read numerous pieces now about the usefulness of AirTags in getting peoples luggage back. So for £30, it's worth a go.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
100% match confirmed.

The luggage will be on a flight from Copenhagen to Geneva this afternoon.

Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mikeycharlton, positive snow karma incoming Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can anyone confirm or otherwise - when I Google Airtags, it says that they only work with Apple phones & tablets
We're all Android here; and very cheap, basic, not-popular-brand-named phones at that. (And on PAYG, not contract.)
Is there anything worth getting which will be of use to us should we ever (please, no) fall foul of the horrible event? Confused
Cheers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For Android you want the Samsung Galaxy tags, which I use although I don't have a Samsung phone. There's a 3rd party manufacturer who makes "tiles" also I think.

But be aware of how those things work - they do not have GPS built in, they are just Bluetooth LE emitters, so they "bleat". That bleat is picked up by compatible nearby devices (so Apple devices or Samsung respectively), which in general do know where they are, and which if they have a data connexion will send their location (and therefore the tag's...) back to base along with the tag's ID. Which location is what you see when you look up the tag ID. You can also use the Bluetooth LE locally to guide you to the tag. Long story short: the AC "this bag was scanned onto the plane/ put on the belt" is more reliable than a tag is likely to be in those scenarios (because you can't guarantee there will be a compatible device with a network connexion where you need it to be).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Additionally to that, if you are someone who will constantly be looking at your phone to see where your bag is, this system is not for you. They can take a while to update (see also: being left in a large metal box), and that alongside the intermittent connection you may have on your phone while travelling, is likely to send anxiety levels through the roof! By all means put one in each bag, but once you've tested it's working, forget about it until the point where your bag does not arrive.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@phil_w, @Scarlet, thanks. All sounds very complex for my little befuddled brain. Will try and research more.
It's nerve wracking enough waiting at the baggage reclaim area! Unfortunately, much as I like to travel & stay only with the basics, I take (and have to take) too much stuff to get everything essential into 1 cabin bag Sad All this lost luggage talk is driving me straight to the whisky cabinet now Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Grizzler, They're not that complex, you just need a tag and a compatible phone. However, you need to think of it as a luggage locating device, i.e. when the bag is not where you expect it to be, where is it?, rather than a continuous tracking device, because that way madness lies.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet wrote:
@Grizzler, They're not that complex, you just need a tag and a compatible phone. However, you need to think of it as a luggage locating device, i.e. when the bag is not where you expect it to be, where is it?, rather than a continuous tracking device, because that way madness lies.

In fairness, if you look them up on your phone to track it does tell you when the last connection was made ... so whilst they're not continuous they do allow you to know where they were at a specific time.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
... you need to think of it as a luggage locating device, i.e. when the bag is not where you expect it to be, where is it?, rather than a continuous tracking device...

Oh indeedy. I have no intention of caring at all where my luggage is, unless it isn't where I need it to be when I come to collect it.
At which point, madness, in more than one colloquial use of the word, will unfortunately ensue Mad Sad
snow report
mikeycharlton wrote:
100% match confirmed.

The luggage will be on a flight from Copenhagen to Geneva this afternoon.

Very Happy

Update bag is in Geneva Very Happy
snow report
@tarrantd, yep, his airtag has pinged Wink

he's now at the mercy of whichever courier company BA use over there.
snow conditions
@Grizzler, I think that 'airtag' is a trademark of Apple
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton I’ve been shared this thread as my Daughter has lost her luggage at Geneva last night. It didn’t arrive off her flight from LGW on Easy Jet. She’s now on Tignes on her Uni ski trip with nothing but what she wore in flight. Some kind Lady through FB ski group has lent her some bits today but desp to find her luggage as it had her ski boots/helmet & everything else in the case. She has done all the forms at GVA last night. Not heard anything today. We’ve been trying to speak to someone but no luck.
Not sure if you will see this msg but hoping you may be able to help us pls? Thx.
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton, are you able to help a damsel in distress as per the above post?
latest report
hi peeps

Only just noticed this message. I will DM @NatDavies
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy