Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain safety level 3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@VolklAttivaS5, well done! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@VolklAttivaS5, yes i can definitely understand why you enjoyed the last two days more than the first 4..... i thought the opposite etc so you can draw your own conclusions lol
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ajc2260626, congratulations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers mate
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ajc2260626, congrats.

Having two Trainers / Guides across the week was not my favourite part of the course, and like you I preferred one much more than the other. The two assessment days at the end were OK as by then I was fairly confident I'd pass, but I know some on my course (including the two who failed) found the change quite stressful.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar, the issue was basically that the trainers were not aligned in what they were teaching which meant when they were assessing, we were being assessed on different things to what we had being taught in the first four days, its fine swapping them round but you have to have taught the same things to both groups; it was so different that you would have thought we were doing two different courses. one of the trainers teaching skills I'm afraid were sadly not very good and all of the students in our group struggled to understand what he was asking and as (b)vokll(b) says so did she.

we even got asked a question on hyperthermia?!?! (not hypothermia)

anyway am not worrying it, but in my opinion not really what it should be like, there should be a set number of parameters etc that should be focussed on to pass any course and these should be constant, im afraid that in this case they were not.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ajc2260626, Cube, by any chance?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, cube?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ajc2260626, OK, not him.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i am in two minds as whether to let basi know, if i were them i would want to know as it doesn't reflect well on the organisation, but i am guessing they won't be that fussed......so i probably wont bother lol
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Who is Cube?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It wasn’t so much that I didn’t understand the first one, I did, but I had to clarify a lot more whereas on the last 2 days I gleaned loads of info from the second one that I didn’t already know. It sort of did me a favour though as it meant I went away and looked things up to get the nitty gritty on it during the first 4 days instead of feeling a bit confused.
Mind you it could have been that by the last 2 days I felt a lot more confident and looking forward to the end of the course. Difficult to say!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Who is Cube?
He's a mountain guide who does (did?) MS courses.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rob@rar, oh ok.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ajc2260626 wrote:
i am in two minds as whether to let basi know, if i were them i would want to know as it doesn't reflect well on the organisation, but i am guessing they won't be that fussed......so i probably wont bother lol

Au contraire... it may not seem apparent in light of your experience but BASI do take very seriously the alignment of trainers in terms of syllabus covered and what is being assessed and what constitutes pass or fail for each syllabus element (I speak as an ex-Trainer with 12/13 years background running both alpine and MS courses) - while Trainers may have differing approaches to delivering material the actual content covered should be similar and assessment should also be on similar grounds (and needless to say it should match information given in the course manual) - so if there is a major disparity then definitely flag this up. Contrary to popular opinion BASI do actually try their best to ensure a level playing field, it doesn't always happen, but if people like you who feel there was a disparity between what was trained and what was assessed, or what was trained to different groups, then BASI will not know and the status quo will stay...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy