Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone been to Andorra?

Poster: A snowHead
Paul Mason wrote:
rob and sharon enjoy your hols - hope you get through from Foix. Aix les Thermes and Tarascon will probably be getting snow as well looking at snow forecast. snowHead

thanks Paul

think there is a cyber point in Soldeu so will try to post something
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob and sharon, I'll be on the road with you so lets keep our fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
40cm and still going - woooooo. Very Happy

see you all in the pub. NehNeh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
roastingdave wrote:
40cm and still going - woooooo. Very Happy

see you all in the pub. NehNeh

if we get to the pub at this rate Confused wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob and sharon I am sure they will get through - probably with the aid of snowchains !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Paul Mason, if i get the chance i'll try to post something for you
that is if we get there 20-55 and grandvalira sire showing road closed... Sad
ho hum , snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh dear - I don't envy you guys...

Flew into Barcelona this afternoon where it was piddling it down - the airport was in chaos! Two gents got on for the return who'd been up in the Pyrenees. Said that the motorway practically all the way down to the airport was deep with snow. They'd hired a 4x4 to get through as the coaches were turning back. The motorway itself was becoming a lorry and coach park. Shocked

Back in the crew room, apparently the snow is down to Tolouse airport...

Paul - I'd rather be going next week... can I come with you and Snowbird please Puzzled Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle no problem. We are flying from Newcastle (obviously) but to Gerona this year. They must be sick of Toulouse and all the usual hassle.

Anyone any ideas of which route they will take ? Will we come through the capital or via Pas ?

I have seen snow down to Foix but not Toulouse - must be bad !!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I arrived home from Soldeu last night, after a very interesting drive, we had snow all the way to just south of a town called Montblanc approx 200km. The journey to Soldeu 2 weeks earlier took 2 hours 20 mins, yesterday it took 4 hours Shocked Now the important thing snow conditions in Soldeu were perfect, a further 30cm of snow fell over Friday night with no wind to scour it away. We spent the Friday playing in the safe offpiste areas in 30cm of light powder. A bit of caution is needed as this is the first significant snow since the start of Jan and it has fallen on a very hard base and in some cases even icy after some light rain earlier in the month, and if the person who is staying in my apartment is reading this.... you luck Barsteward. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paul, Would be great to hear from you when your out there. as you know i will be the week after you. would love a up to date report!!! Please please please Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello, we went to Pas de la casa last year at Easter and it was brilliant. We didnt see any "Ibiza on ice" but we were pretty shattered after a day on snow so we were mostly in bed by 10.30 Blush Anyway it was so good that we are heading back there again this feb half term, I too am a teacher so all my friends (very kindly) suffer the price hike with me Very Happy

Cant wait, it isnt the prettiest place in the mountains but its cheap, cheerful and a good place to pick up electronic prezzies Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Welcome to snowHead borrie_bear!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paul Mason, We've just got back from a week in Pas, we too flew to gerona, which was a lot less hassle getting then flying to toulouse, within 30 mins of landing, we had the hire car loaded up ready to go....we entered Pas from the french side, it took 3 1/4hrs on a Saturday evening in the dark, mainly due to a very slow twisty section about 30km from Pas....as it was belting down with snow on the way back we decied to go another route down to avoid the twisty sections, I'm not too sure which route we took in the end as the spanish police had closed a number roads.....but we didn't drive through andorra (I was asleep fo rthe first 2 hours).it took us 7 hours to get back to gerona...with snow on the ground all the way to the airport....luckily our flight had been delayed to, so we just about made it!.....buth the snow good when we left, its had been a bit thin and icy all week, but there was deep powder to be found on friday and it was still snowing when we left on Saturday morning...have fun if your going out there soon!....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still belting down when we left yesterday morning, the journey down the mountain was slow....over 2 hours to reach Ax les Thermes from Soldeu! Forecast was for it to carry on for another couple of days....some great skiing to be had by anyone heading up for the coming week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i'm off on saturday, car hire from gerona, best make sure i booked the snow chains then!
latest report
Just back from Soldeu. Loads and loads of snow. Started snowing on Thursday night and was still snowing Sunday afternoon when we left. Due to coach it to Toulouse but road was closed and eventually fly out of Barcelona instead. Awesome skiing all week. Can't wait to go back in March.

David

Very Happy
snow report
Seems like I will be going to Andorra this weekend. Staying in Andorra la Vella and probably snowboarding at El Tarter or maybe Soldeu.
snow conditions
cdamian, where do you hire your board etc from ( assuming you need to) i'm planning on using ski calbo in el tarter, is that a good option if i just turn up on sunday morning without having pre booked?
snow conditions
I have my own board. Last time my sister hired one from the shop just below the lift at El Tarter ("Pic Negre" ?). They seem to have enough gear for everyone, but the queue was pretty long on saturday.

I also bought my wrist guards there.
latest report
many thanks! hopefully queue won't be as bad on a sunday as it would on a saturday
latest report
JONR, Can you book snow chains in Gerona airport, wasn't available for me when I went at Christmas with Auriga, still you can buy them at petrol stations for about €30.
latest report
peter ross, thats a good question, avis tell me its £58 to hire them for the week, which seems a bit steep. i guess its a trade off between paying more and having them with you, or having to gamble on a petrol station having any available when the snow comes in
snow report
JONR, That's a complete rip off, you can hire a car from Girona for 5 days for that amount! I would be very surprised if the petrol stations and shops run out. The roads from the Spanish side are much better and cleared more often anyway so probably won't need chains but I suppose it's better to have them.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 31-01-06 14:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I really cant wait to get onto the slopes now! less than two weeks till im in andorra! Smile
snow report
Paul Mason, loads of snow here
check out comment on other message
weather very good, though i´ve taken a fall in the snow (knees twisted)
rob
snow report
Rob, ohh no! hope it gets better dude!!!
hope it gets better dude!
snow report
2 weeks & 2 days til I head off. I'm so excited I've upped my gym attendence to 5 times this week & going to try & keep it going til I go. I'm becoming a Soldeu bore to my friends but they don't mind because they're coming too!!

Whoosh, whoosh!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
hi, first time poster here,
I've been to pas de la casa during christmas '01 and had a great time. We stayed at the lake placid apartments then and had a great time. This time there are 25 of us going from the north of ireland, a mixture of a work crowd and friends, and we can't wait. I'm organising it all and have been keeping a keen eye on the snow reports from www.metcheck.com. I see they're forecasting a few more centimetres for friday 10th and saturday 11th which should give a nice little dusting for when we head out, Sunday 19th February. I see a new run on the french side of the road ( on the left as you walk up to the beginners slopes), i take it this is new. Can't wait to get over the far side to the trees of grau, and maybe get a day over to soldeu. Has anyone done this? How long would it take etc?
Thanks!!
Justin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHead justino1973!
ski holidays
justino1973, Welcome, the new run is a fully installed chairlift, but it effectively goes nowhere. I suspect when the snows go they will do some very serious rock gardening Shocked (you will understand when you get there) with the recent snow falls they may have been able to open a link run to the beginners area by now. To answer the other questions 10 days ago we skied from Pas to the Canillo restaurant (furthest apart ski able distance) and it took exactly 1 hour, it was a day that we didn't come across a single queue. Pas to Soldeu is 45mins on a good day. Have fun. Toofy Grin
snow report
Dypcdiver, Pas to Soldeu is 3 chairs and 3 runs which certainly is doable in 45 minutes but not if you allow for the occasional binding adjustments at the top of every lift some people engage in (not me!!), wrong turns?!, map checks, half-way down piste stops(when the booze starts burning) or occasional falls (not me obviously....) that can occur. I'd give it an hour plus unless you are familiar with the route +/or comfortable intermediates.

Panorama ski guide told us that chair was the beginning of a link to France??? i presume he means some other resort but im hoping he means Toulouse Airport......................
snow conditions
still loads of snow here though couple of runs are a getting a bit bare Sad
top still good though and hopefully might get some more in a day or two to top it ups
leaving tomorrow Sad
Rob
snow conditions
Just back from Pas de la Casa. 2 metres fell in about 72 hours last week. We got there ok (5 hours from Barcelona), but some others were not so lucky after us. We lost a full day as the resort was closed due to too much snow.
Never met up with Rob/Sharon but they seem to have had some traumas whilst out there. We communicated via text.
Snow is excellent with some off piste for those who want it. -8c today when we left so conditions are loooking very good for some time. No bare patches on the Pas side. All superb for those who are going out now.
ski holidays
Anyone out andorra pas or soldeu 12th feb to 19th?
snow report
I just came back from El Tarter. Snow was ok, a bit icey on Sunday morning.

Getting there was a nightmare though. 6 hours from Barcelona. We made the mistake of using the C-16, which has lots of construction work and is also more expensive than the C-14 route because of road and tunnel tolls. On the way back it took us 5 hours on the C-14. Next time I'll try not to go on the weekend.
ski holidays
2 1/2 weeks to go! Wish I was there now by the sounds of the snow conditions. Wishing for a dusting to freshen it up the week before we go. rolling eyes
snow report
I have put some more pics on the El Tarter wiki page http://snowheads.com/wiki/El_Tarter
snow conditions
Nice pics, not sure its making me feel any better about being at work though.
Still only 13 days to go Very Happy
snow conditions
drkpower, Just spotted your post, I met my wife in the pussy cat in 1977 and have been back most years, average 3 to 5 weeks. So starting to get to know my way round Blush
The new lift is as the Panorama rep said the first link to Puymorens, I think the emphasis needs to be on the FIRST, we spent a day over in Puymorens and although we enjoyed it, it was like stepping back 20 years (2 man chair with wooden lath seats etc.) regrettably it was just before the last snows and the black runs were all closed, however some excellent offpiste opportunities given the right conditions.
snow report
only a few days to go!
ohh and i just got made redundant : Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy