Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave - Serre Chevalier - Le Chazelets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Brief reports from last week (but little snow forecast this week so anticipate harder conditions now), until I get round to posting more details:

La Grave - very top is wind-blown and thin in places, so rocks need to be watched for. Good powder mid-mountain (on both itineraries - go with a guide and find the best) should remain for a while as these slopes are in permanent shadow and cold. The most popular tracks are well skiied though, particularly once you head into the trees lower down. Some good sliding still to be had below P1 but not really worth doing if the lift is still running.

Serre Chevalier - some pistes icy low down (particularly anywhere near those blasted snow cannons - these ones seem to produce snow with the grip of castor sugar that freezes to shiny boiler-plate) but superb conditions on sheltered slopes up top (particularly Monetier sector at the weekend).

Le Chazelets - ok so they only have two hills but the largest had great powder ten days ago; was still in good nick at the end of last week though probably won't last.

Cheers,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
J2Dave, just got back from Serre Che last Thursday, and I would agree with your comments.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went to Serr Chev at new year and enjoyed it so much that we are going back 4th March. What are the snow conditions like at the moment and is there any snow forcast?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevducky, we're going back on the 5th March, so we've got our fingers crossed for some more snow. I think it's probably a bit hard under the skis at the moment. I think Chris posted from there in the Sauze d'Oulx thread about the pistes being hard.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Certainly hope we get more snow, new year was great skiing and NO QUEUES!!!- Still if little snow as long as the sun shines. My mate is going today, mixing it with the olympics
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All the pistes in Serre Che are very solid and the artificial covered slopes are icy after 2.30pm. Plenty of snow on all the runs except Briancon where exposed are wearing thin. Off piste is very good although nothing fresh left. No imminent snow but likely to be more before 4th March.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks Chris. Looks like we will be looking for bars that have happy hour from 3.00pm then Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only partial report I'm afraid - only did Monetier over to Frejus, and mostly off-piste. General situation is that every inch of the mountain has been heavily skied, but there's some great skiing still to be had. Pretty cold on the higher chairlifts, but a bit of exertion on the lower slopes really gets you glowing. Very nice snow, although pretty heavily skied, in La Montagnole/Tabuc - very strange light though (mixture of completely flat and very high contrast - mixed at 2 metre intervals!). Bottom of Tabuc has some huge moguls, fairly hard, but not icy so well skiable if you're ready for some deep absorptions. Morning runs down from Cucumelle to Frejus had horribly frozen crud on slopes to skiers left of the gullies, but I'm told that the runs off the top of La Cucumelle itself were quite orgasmic and well worth the hike (of couse I was in the group that didn't do that route rolling eyes ). Snow in Les Grands Pres (afternoon) and Couloir de Balme (lunchtime) was lovely, although very heavily skied. Got a couple of fresh powder pitches in Grands Pres, although nothing over boot depth. Snow in tree runs to Monetier soft and pleasantish, although too heavy now to be called powder. For pistes - only did about 30 metres of Route des Espagnoles in mid afternoon which was just turning a bit slushy (bit surprised at that give that it'd been pretty cold most of the day), and finished off on Aya (16:45), and it was VERY hard - if this is typical of pistes in this area, then make sure your edges are razor sharp! Beautiful blue skies for most of the day, but clouded over in the late afternoon as the next weather system turned up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GrahamN, Aya is often hard.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy