Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I feel like i've just robbed 'go-outdoors'!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Saw this jacket in go-outdoors the other week and fell in love with it... The photo's dont do it justice by the way, its really gorgeous... anyway, being as im saving for a wedding i couldnt afford the £252 price tag Sad

So i went back home and in my despair did a google shop search, which unfortunately returned nothing under the go-outdoors price tag!! I did however find this link on a regular google search:

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/clothing---mountain/mountain-equipment/228468/men's-kamchatka-jacket

(by the way this link is only accessible by a google search and i could not find the jacket direct on the ellis brigham website)

The price there was a mere £140 which as go-outdoors offer a price match service meant i could afford the coat. They also guarantee to beat any price by 10%, which took it down to a total of £126... bargain in my mind! So i fired off an email to confirm they would honour the price match, they agreed and I then phoned my local store to reserve a jacket.

When i finally got to go-outdoors to buy the coat, the dofus on the till actually gave me a 20% reduction on the price match, so i actually got the coat for £112, needless to say im sat here in my new jacket typing this post with a massive smile on my face. Also anyone looking for a new jacket, i would highly recommend trying the same thing!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomb, Laughing nice

I managed to get a new jacket in the North Face sale which I LOVE. Also got some snow boots half price but the stitching is coming apart!!! Will have to take them back Sad but at least they have a two year warranty
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks a great jacket at a great price. Well done and good advice. Pity I've already bought a new jacket.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good buy. I've got the ME Changabang, they make great gear.
snow report
 cran
cran
mine was £30 Madeye-Smiley but it's not green Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tombI've come out of Go-Outdoors feeling impressed by their customer service / slightly guilty a few times. They are really good.
Most recently:
1. Bought cheapish jacket, wore it virtually every day for 6 months walking dog, a seam began to go, I took it in, to see if could be sent away to be resealed (happy to pay a small charge). It was sent away, but I was shortly issued with a full-refund instead of the coat!
2. Bought trainers at £60 on xmas eve as they were putting out the price stickers for the boxing day sale, put in cupboard to await wearing out of my current (identical) pair. Saw at end of January that they'd been reduced to £26, but only a few pairs left in unsuitable sizes. So I cheekily asked if I could "return" and "rebuy" mine. They said yes, so I popped in with the receipt and they refunded the difference to my card, no problem, despite it being over 30 days since I'd bought them.

Enjoy your jacket
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cran, £30??!, where from? thats a good price!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wigan, good job on the trainers... not sure i'd have enough balls to return and then immediately buy them back at a reduced price though Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tomb, I didn't have to, in the end trainers didn't leave my hands - I asked at the till if it was possible to do it - they said it was, but we didn't have to act out the return and repurchase - they just refunded the difference between the two prices onto my card Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wonder how much 'mark up' there is in ski clothing retailing?

A £252 jacket for only £112!

Can the retailer afford these 'discounts'?

Will the 'Dofus' have a job in the future?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mark up is probably bloody huge. TBH would rather not know. Especially as I spent nearly £1k in EB for 2 new outfits for 2 of us, which probably cost EB £250 Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mark up is huge, however there's more to it than just mark up. You've got operations costs on top of jacket cost. these big stores run at something like a 5% profit margin overall.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

It's not easy being green Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, brilliant!
snow report
nothing like appreciating a discount. "Dofus" seriously
ski holidays
Very Happy

Oh dear, there are tears running down my face!
snow report
Why offer a price match if you don't expect to honour it?

You're happy (we can see that) and presumably Go-Outdoors are happy. Even if their margin has been cut you are a happy customer and will return. As will many of those who have read the thread. It's a win-win situation (as they say).
snow conditions
Masque,

Laughing

Shame there isn't a pink, Miss Piggyish jacket.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
tomb wrote:
cran, £30??!, where from? thats a good price!!

Not the same make... just a cheap Trespass one that I picked up half price a couple of years ago.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy