Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - Rugby and Breakfast

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two questions here about Les Gets.

1) We're arriving next Saturday... and having driven through the night, and had a gentle day's skiing... the most important thing for me (the driver) is to sit down with a nice beer (and then plenty of rough ones) and watch the Italy vs England 6nations game (kickoff 5pm CET).
To save me from wandering around Les Gets trying to find a suitable Bar... could anyone that is there take a glance at which bars are showing the rugby THIS weekend?? The closer to the "Turche" lift the better... walking is always a challenge after rugby Laughing and this is near our Chalet

2) As said, we drive through the night and always arrive at the resort around 9-10am. We've never been to Les Gets before, so could someone tell me a good place for a hearty breakfast that'll be open at that time? Anywhere in the resort is fine for this.

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1) Bar Bush will normally be showing sport, can't confirm the Rugby, but would be a good bet.

2) There is a restaurant beside the ice rink that gets good recommendations, I normally skip breakfast, so can't really help!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All of the 6 Nations games are being televised live by France 2, even the wooden spoon decider you are so keen to watch Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jamescollings, Bar Bush good bet as Chattonmill suggests. Breakfast out is not something I've done in Les Gets but my suggestion, having stayed there is

http://www.leboomerang.com/le_boomerang.htm

Very relaxed and food hearty Madeye-Smiley I'd drop them an email to check, just might be a little on the late side for breakfast. It's very central, on the main road to Morzine. There is a busy & popular little crepe bar next to the tabac close to the ice rink perhaps called 'Bar Crepe'?? Or Lou Battandys which is right by Chavannes Express lift.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JC's Sports Bar near Mont Chery lift. 3D tv's as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jamescollings, not really "hearty", but there's a bakery called La Troika at the Morzine end of town that does good coffee, nice pastries and has a wood fired stove. MrsFS and I often eat there before we hit the slopes. (As you come into Les Gets, follow the "ring road" until you pass the Mont Chery gondola. At the next roundabout turn right. 200m on left.)

If you want something "bacon-oriendted" then there's a bakery in Taninges that does something magical called a "pain au lard" - basically a bread roll with bacon cooked into the middle of it. They also do a version with bacon and cheese. The bakery is by the river - about 50m from the bridge in the centre that crosses the river.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La Troika sounds perfect. All we need is somewhere that does a good sugar rush (pastries) and caffine (and somewhere to nip into the loos to change from overnight travelling clothes into salopettes) and we're laughing.

So I'll either be in Bar Bush or JC's for the England vs Italy game.... I might be a little "messy" though Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JC's do a full english on saturdays for 8euro - I haven't been but other recommend it. They also show all the rugby.

FlyingStantoni, that is now on my list for the next time Mr NN does an airport run!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy