Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Westendorf 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been this year?

Would be keen to know how easy it is to head over to Soll and back each day and also the Kitzbuhel link as previously it's required a bus but this years piste map seems to show a lift route?

http://www.skiwelt.at/en/download.asp?Fid=3856&Path=content
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easy to head there and back, but you probably won't, as Westendorf has the better skiing. AFAIA, you still need a bus to Kitz - about ten minutes form the bottom of the KiWest run. I haven't been particularly recently though, so this could have changed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Soll from Westendorf. Very easy, no bus required, absolutely no problem, a piece of cake, can't go wrong. Hope that helps. Seriously it's a piece of.......... Madeye-Smiley

Kitzbuhel, no idea, think there may be a bus. Think its easy, but I don't actually know, but someone will. Hope that helps too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the replies.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bus from KiWest (Westendorf) to Pengelstein I (Kitzbühel) takes 5 minutes if that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What are the red runs like in Westerndorf? Are they quite steep for reds or are they more like blues? I'm talking especially about the red runs from the Fleiding sector back to the Talkaser section. It's just I can see several blue runs in the Gampenkogel area but I wasn't sure how easy it was to get to them and back using the red runs around Fleiding.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello jimmybog,
We went to Westendorf in 2011, and i can't think of any red runs that were too scary for us. My wife took them all on happily (she's a good skier, but
not an aggresive type). If you venture over to Ski Welt proper watch out for run 11 it's a long red run wi a very short black section.
Just the thing to give anyone nervous the willies. (aaargh i'm on a ruddy black now yelled the wife whilst skiing it very nicely!!).
Funnily enough she'd been down it at least three times before she even noticed there was a black section!!
You can bail out to the right (signposted) and stay on a red run.
You'll be fine, Westendorf is graded very fairly in my experience.
As is the rest of Ski Welt but we found it a bit trickier to actually navigate over there.
Cheers Geoff
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jimmybog wrote:
What are the red runs like in Westerndorf? Are they quite steep for reds or are they more like blues? I'm talking especially about the red runs from the Fleiding sector back to the Talkaser section. It's just I can see several blue runs in the Gampenkogel area but I wasn't sure how easy it was to get to them and back using the red runs around Fleiding.

The red runs are graded like red runs... Saying that there are a couple of pitches on the lower half of the red from the Alpenrosenbahn middle station to the bottom that could be a little awkward. Other than that, standard reds.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks geoffkay and clarky999 for the quick replies. I'm already planning next winters ski trip and Westerndorf keeps cropping up as one of the possibilities. Always good to know how the runs are before choosing a resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm in Westendorf this week, wow what a week, loads of snow early on then sun since wednesday, its been perfect.

Soll and back no probs, we got to Going one day and back quite easily, we're all eithr inter or adv, no experts.

All the reds in the Fleiding sector are fine, actually really nice, only red in the resort that could cause a slight problem is 110 back down to the village from choralp gondola, there are some pretty steep (and moguly) sections in the middle, but there are whole bunch of options back down, won't be a worry.

Didn't go to kits, but told bus is 5 mins.

The keywest section is great (for us mere mortals anyway), really long blue down to keywest gondola is great for carving, and back up around 118/119 the reds are brilliant.

You will love it!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
neilkav, If you're still there check out the 111. It's not so good now they built a gondola back (used to be longer and quieter when it was a bus back), but still my favourite run in Westendorf. There's some nice offpiste variants to it too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers for the help. ill be skiing by myself a fair bit and although I've been 4 times before I've always had luxury of someone else guiding. Reassuring to know I can get a good variety of runs in across the 3 resorts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999,

Cheers, been on it most of the week mate, getting the wife back safe, it is a great run, real good fun, especialy the schuss at the bottom. One of my mates had a major tumble today doing about 40 mph on his snowboard, luckily he's shaken but fine.

Love Westendorf, we've had a blast, will defo be back next year....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good to hear! It's one of my all-time favourite places, used to ski there every year with family/friends when I was younger. Barely went to the rest of the SkiWelt 'cos Westendorf is/was so good!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, Any recommendations on where to go in cold weather Smile we're off there on Saturday and Mrs Sabreboy is looking for regular hot chocolate already....
ski holidays
There's lots of tree lined skiing if you're wanting shelter. My/our favourite bar is Georg's (sorry I forget the real name) - take the red down from the Alpenrosenbahn mid station, just after the cat track is a short steeper section, the bar is at the right on the bottom of this. Great family run little bar, brilliant food, and Georg has great banter. If you're wife didn't like the steeper section before it, traverse directly over the piste, and carry straight on to take the blue run down to the bottom, as the red only gets harder/more awkward from there on. There's another little place kinda halfway along the journey to get to the KiWest run, near the top of one of the chairlifts - run by a little old lady who makes great (as in, really great) goulasch... The place on the left shortly before the bottom of the 111 isn't too bad either, but a bit less personal. On your last run of the day, ski down the main route (110?) from the top of the alpenrosenbahn. After the narrow track, follow the wider section down, sticking left. A little before where you could split off to take the black run, cut left along another track, and keep skiing til you come to another bar - they have good schnapps.

Sorry I don't really know the official names of places, we kinda have nicknames for the places we like most.
latest report
Folks, any recommendations for a good off-piste guide in Westendorf in case of powder day next week?
ski holidays
Off to Westendorf ourselves next Saturday, skiing and bars sond great. Two of our party are not skiing, anyone got any ideas of bars on the mountain that can be reached by non skiers?
ski holidays
jackfrost, we've taken non-skiing grandparents to Georg's bar, as mentioned above, They can take a taxi up the road, then walk across the section that I mention to get to the blue form the bar. There are also bars by the top and middle stations of the alpenrosenbahn, which I assume pedestrians can use.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy