Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New transceivers??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and the guys I usually ski with have Ortovox M2s which are at least 10 years old.

The guide we used over Easter suggested an upgrade would be a good option, so wondering what's out there, what's good and what deals are on given it's summer Smile

cheers,

greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, I think you can get discount on Tracker transceivers through the BASI Pro Deal offered by Anatom. They'll have their offer for 2012/13 available on the BASI website in the autumn.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers, seem to be a vast price range of current gear from Ortovox Patroller Digital at the low end <200> £350......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're used to the M2 and practice with it then, IMHO, there's little wrong with it. It has, by far, the greatest range of any consumer-level transceiver and can be less confusing than a fancy modern one. I will admit that this is probably a minority view!

Compare your experiences with this example from Facewest:

http://youtube.com/v/y2fcNh3sLFA

If that was happening to me for real I'd be screaming at the bloody thing to stop trying to interpret and just tell me exactly what was happening.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks altis, bit of an eye opener!! The words on the facewest site say:

Quote:
The only 2 units which performed consistently well in these tests were the Mammut Barryvox Pulse and the BCA Tracker 2

I would like to reiterate that this close proximity multiple burial situation hardly ever occurs. When it does occur you have to have 3 people buried and a minimum of 3 searchers and more like 5 to be rescuing the third person at the same time as rescuing the first. I think that the transceiver manufacturers are promoting features that you don't need, which don't work consistently
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought myself a Ortovox 3+ for last season, I found it really easy to get to grips with, and this was for someone who hadn't used one before, admittedly I had a few lessons with an instructor in Meribel and about 4 or 5 hours practicing during whiteouts with mates.

It wasn't too expensive and was what we were recommended by some instructors to get so we went for it, would recommend it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy