Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton accomodation 2012 - good location

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking to organise a group of c.12 people to St Anton Feb 2012.

Can anyone recommend reasonable quality B&Bs or chalet/hotel within short walking distance of the centre?

Aiming at around the £800 mark including flights, transfers and half board. Obviously looking at less if went B&B

First posting on here. I've done a search on the forum but strugglng on the location front.

Thanks in advance.

David
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google Haus Amperg. Not sure how expensive it is, think it was done up recently.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chalet Murr, Hotel Arlberg, Hotel Post (not sure on that price) are a few off the top of my head
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dibbo22, try Sidney Reilly (a fellow snowhead). He has several apartments close to town but not sure if they can take 12
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will not get a 4 star hotel (eg Hotel Post) for that budget. See: http://www.hotel-post.co.at/en/prices/winter-20112012.html

I checked http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter - but info for next winter is not up yet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haus Angelika is probably in best location in town, right beside galzigbahn. Around €75 a night b&b
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers guys
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dibbo22, Chalet hotel rosanna by mark warner is in a good central location , and only a short walk to the lifts
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the total ski one isn't one i'd recommend for location , ski bus stops outside which is great ! but the 800 yard uphill walk after the apres isn't so good Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't know about particular hotels etc but I found the location I stayed in (in a small apartment) to be ideal. It was about 100m town side of the Nasserein lift. It was an easy walk in the morning to that lift which wasn't too busy and was only just over a 5 min walk into town in the evening.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
appreciated.

@gad - which ones the total ski one? i.e. looking at a map, where's the hill that we don't want to be situated in? cheers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dibbo22 wrote:
appreciated.

@gad - which ones the total ski one? i.e. looking at a map, where's the hill that we don't want to be situated in? cheers

http://www.skitotal.com/AccommodationDetails.aspx?accomId=2303 sorry, didn't realise there were so many there , very modern chalet but a bit sterile and you get the impression they starting building a multi storey car park but changed it halfway through to make a hotel Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you want an overview of the whole market then try, www.stantonchalets.co.uk I've used them in the past and they were really helpful
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I do not really know of anywhere to stay in St Anton, but the police station is fairly central and has a car park in front of it. They have overnight holding cells if you get into trouble!

There is of course the tourist office, which has all sorts of types of accommodation which you can pick up at the last minute (unlikely for 12 people though)

The train station is quite warm, and the lobby of the banks are pretty warm too (although you would have to put up with occasional late night money withdrawals) The bank lobbies are behind closed doors, you have to swipe your card to get in to the card machine.

I read somewhere that it is illegal to camp on the street in Austria, and was advised that in front of the police station is the best place.

Finally, the bars open well into the early hours in St Anton. It would be easy to stay out all night when it was really cold, then sleep in the morning, and ski in the afternoon. Cheaper for a lift pass too!

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have two apartments side by side right in the centre of St Anton which together could accomodate 12 people (but it's self catering not b&B)

check out www.Alpen-Lodge.at

Alternatively the place we used to stay before we bought the apartments is very good. It is between St Anton Centre and Nasserein and so about 5 mins from the centre of town and about two minutes from the Nasserein lift
It is a bed and breakfast place

Also the owner is a ski instructor so can help with where to catch the best snow

It's website is www.hotel-garni-rauch.at
snow conditions
Neilski wrote:
dibbo22, Chalet hotel rosanna by mark warner is in a good central location , and only a short walk to the lifts

I would second the Rosanna proposal. Clean and tidy, largish rooms and en-suites. Good food. Hard-working staff. Good location but you can sometimes hear the early morning revellers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy