Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kronplatz, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to this resort? Thinking of a week there next season. Neilson seem to be the only operator going there but the website doesn't have anything for next year yet.

I would appreciate any pointers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quite a nice skiing area I would say.

Went there for a day while staying in Arabba in late Jan 2010.

The resort is like an octopus with its head at Kronplatz and 5 tentacles stretching down to several towns in different directions. Most of the tentacles are blue but there are couple of them in black. I found it a nice cruising paradise.

One side has a very flat area ideal for beginners. It is the same side linked to Piculin.

Kronplatz has 105km piste and designated as #2 area in the 12-area Dolomites.

I foresee Krontplatz could get a lot more popular in future because it now has a new permanent bus link with Alta Badia, after Krontplatz extended itself to Piculin and Alta Badia extended to Pederoa. It is an easy day trip for any visitor staying in Alta Badia or even Arabba.

The only negative point I found was Kronplatz seemed to be busier than those resorts around Sella Ronda. It is one of the Dolomites resorts closest to Austria. Another minor point is the only run coming down to Piculin is a steep black but the lift is by gondola so skiers can avoid it if they choose to do so.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saikee, thanks for that info. How did you get there? with a TO or independant?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stopped at Kronplatz once on the way to Alta Badia (driving my own car). It made an enjoyable day's skiing, with plenty variety down the various runs. saikee's description as an "octopus" is good! Since my visit was pretty brief, I can't really say much more about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did a week here last January on a DIY.
We stayed at a BB hotel the Garni Erna (0474 50106) in San Vigilio which was cheap but had nice rooms with balconies.
The skiing was good although unlike most resorts the runs tend to get steeper the lower you go, having said that for beginners San Vigilio has a really good long blue served by a gondola from the town that is a great run to learn on or just have some fun.
There are few english in the resorts, its mainly German but I have to say that the Apres was rather limited in San Vigilio (although it was early January).
Probably not a resort for someone looking for high mileage but it does have some interesting runs and some nice huts on the mountain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee wrote:

The only negative point I found was Kronplatz seemed to be busier than those resorts around Sella Ronda. It is one of the Dolomites resorts closest to Austria.

Not only that, but it is by far the easiest to get to from main roads. As I remember it from a couple of summers ago, the lift access is just up the hill from Brunico, which is right on a main dual carruigeway road. Just about everywhere else in the Dolomiti Superski area requires you to drive up valley roads to reach the resorts. And Brunico itself is a fair sized town.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I liked it but wouldn't want to ski it for a week. Good atmosphere, 360 degrees of options. Austrian vibe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I drove there. I found Dolomites different areas are best explored with a car with snow tyres. An AWD is even better. I used the bus services while tackling the World War I ski tour and quite impressed by the ski buses there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have skied at Kronplatz twice - agree with most of the comments above; although I could not count myself as a fan. Too much repetition in a ski area that is characterised by 1200km of pistes and the potential to journey. Not an area I would return to, also the ski back to the bus stop has a final (black I think) run that gets chopped to hell and is very soft by the end of the day. Skullie

Far, far more interesting areas in ski Dolomiti to visit - see the threads on Selva/Selle Ronda. Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy