Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do you ski from Avoriaz into Morzine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick question. I'm just looking at the piste map at the moment trying to work out how people in Avoriaz ski over into Morzine/Les Gets. There seem to be a couple of runs that end at the bottom of a lift called "Zore", and after that there is the Super Morzine lift, but there doesn't seem to be a piste marked under it. Do you have to get Super Morzine down into the town?

Also, once at the bottom of Super Morzine, is it possible to ski through the town to get to the bottom of lifts taking you up the other side, or do you have to walk/bus it?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lift down and bus across town IIRC
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mattgcp, do NOT try and ski down under the Super Morzine lift...it's not a piste, crosses the Avoriaz road several times, etc. Lift down and walk across town (5-10 minutes). You could wait 5-10 minutes for the "petite train".
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You ride the Super Morzine gondola down. After that it's either a short walk to the other nearest lift to access the rest of Morzine, or you can take the Disneyland-esque little train if you're feeling fruity.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that everyone. I was finding it surprisingly difficult to get an answer by searching on Google!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh, and Paulio - I suspect I will be feeling very fruity so may well give that train a go!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if the train is there then get it, otherwise just walk, its less than 5 minutes and only slightly uphill from bottom of super morzine to morzine pleney side.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We always found that walk a bit of a drag...

The blue motorway runs down to the top of Super Morzine are really good, and the Super Morzine is pretty quick, but we always found that five minute walk through town a bit of a drag, especially in ski boots.

The 'petite train' was great, as long as it wasn't 'oversubscribed'... then we'd have to wait for the next turn-around, or walk.

We found we could ski down Crot (blue), at the other end of Avoriaz, or even get the Prodains cable down, then jump on the free ski bus to Morzine. Ten minutes later, it pulls up at the main cross roads in Morzine - 50m or so from the TC du Pleney bubble!

If you intend to do it at least twice, we would recommend both routes; the runs are both stunning, for different reasons. If you need to do it quickly, we would take the Crot/Bus route.

Hint: For a long time, we would follow the blues down to the top of the Super Morzine bubble, including a rather flat bit, about half way down. Took us a while to work out why it was there, but if take a left down the Q'mont blue run, and get on the short Baron drag lift, you miss out the flat section! Doh!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mattgcp, I'd personally ski the run down to Prodains and take the bus to the other side of Morzine (Pleney)! Less walking involved!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
redski, it's only a "drag" if you don't know how to carry your skis properly...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there any way to get between them without skiing? is there a bus?

Also with a name like Super Morzine I expected a big lift that maybe went all the way from Morzine to Avoriaz, but the map makes it look relatively short, is that right?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not worth getting the bus to or from Morzine unless you happen to end up at Prodain at the end of the day.

Super Morzine is not a particularly long gondola ride IMV there are then 2 chairs and a blue run before you get to Avoriaz itself. The final chair up gives a good overhead view of the kids doing their tricks in the park.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand, I may have misled by adding my question to an old thread called "How do you ski from Avoriaz to Morzine". I didn't want to start another thread but I'm really asking how do I 'not' ski from Avoriaz to Morzine? only bus?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

how do I 'not' ski from Avoriaz to Morzine?

get the cable car down to Les Prodains then get the bus.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ishay wrote:
I'm really asking how do I 'not' ski from Avoriaz to Morzine? only bus?

parascend, taxi, bicycle, canoe, walk....??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy