Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We need your photographs!

Poster: A snowHead
Every week, we need some great photos showing snow conditions for the weekly weatherHead report snowHead
If you'd like your photo to be considered for inclusion, please can you add them here with the date taken and where it was taken.
Please can we try to keep gossip out of this thread wink

Thank you!
wH snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean add 1 super nice photo in reply to this sticky, or just do as usual and put them on the specific resort thread? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
in garbure we trust, if you're posting them on a resort thread, then please link back to the post/photo on here. That way weatherHead is more likely to see your shot snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone, Coooel snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bit like this then...: Photo of the "Croix de St Justin" with the Ardiden ridge behind looking West from Bareges (Grand Tourmalet ski resort - French Pyrenees), down the valley. Taken 04/12/09

The village square of Bareges 04/12/09
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blimey in garbure we trust, why on earth didn't you submit those in consideration for the 2010 Calendar? Shock
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TallTone, that's because he only just took them today rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TallTone, d'oh! Of course. Silly me! Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TallTone, You talking to yourself again Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
in garbure we trust, who said that?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do go through all of the reports and pull photos as I see fit Little Angel but if you have something special that you want me to post, then please feel free to add it here snowHead
Thanks for those two lovely photos in garbure we trust Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The previous week I put up a pic of the Jura, this week, the Salève from Canton Genève.

For me this gives one a pretty good idea of the snow conditions in the western Alps, at the moment, there's not very much.

http://www.the-daily-politics.com/2009/12/swiss-snow-report-dec-9th.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lake Tahoe looking pretty in the afternoon sun yesterday.
120909 Incline Village, NV

the chutes area of Mt Rose looking boney in the afternoon shade yesterday.
120909 Reno, NV

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WASHOE VALLEY, NV AS SEEN FROM SIDE OF SLIDE MT, NV
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Champagny 14/12/09 looking across to Courchevel

It's Foxthesnow in the pic
snow report
The col du Tourmalet with a new dusting of 15cm of fluffly stuff (the col looking a bit different at the moment from when it is know in the summer for its "Tour de France" fame - should get to see alot of it this year for the celebrations of the 100th year of the tour in the Pyrenees, it will be crossed twice with a finnish at the summit the second time - Bit easier on skis though as it is a 24km climb on a bike...Nice long run in the winter though wink )
Picture snapped yesterday afternoon - Bareges, the Grand Tourmalet resort - French Pyrenees.
latest report
weatherHead wrote:
Every week, we need some great photos showing snow conditions for the weekly weatherHead report snowHead
If you'd like your photo to be considered for inclusion, please can you add them here with the date taken and where it was taken.
Please can we try to keep gossip out of this thread wink

Thank you!
wH snowHead

Got some great pics of Cairngorm from Tues to post.............. am I being thick........ how do I post them???????????
snow report
mrcw34, underneath the submit button, to the left you'll see a 'post pic' button, where you can upload direct from your PC!
snow report
weatherHead, isn't that only for super/mega wotsits? Others have to upload to the snowMedia zone and then link from there http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
snow conditions
Nothing special,a few from Oregon this last week. Good day.

snow conditions
Link to Trip report of english skiing (rather than reposting everything)
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59294&highlight=
ski holidays
Yeah please keep the pics coming, the more the merrier, think of the people like me who aren't skiing this season, seeing those lovely pics gives me all the motivation I need for my rehab.
snow conditions
Couple of photos from Sivies (4 Valleys) on Thursday:

quick couple of photos off the Grepon Blanc today:

Scottish Skier

gorilla
latest report

Kappl Jan 2010 - mrs boabski and the 3 boabski jnrs
ski holidays
Verbier

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59840&highlight=

Chamonix

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59912&highlight=
snow report
New snow in the Pyrenees - Bareges / La Mongie (1250 - 2877m)

"Mountainbug" s mum came down to look after the new mini-bug (Jenny) and we went out and ate some powder...

Hard life some times...

Emma - "Mountainbug"
ski holidays
in garbure we trust, Mountainbug That is a hard life you lead Wink
ski holidays
.Dwarf Vader, Well it wasn't all that hard but with 4 hours sleep it seems to be getting more tricky.... I have developed a good baby balancing technique for cleaning the loos aswell, neccesity is the mother of... To be honest that is only the third time we have got out this season, it is the "free - ride", and "snow scoot" French championships in the resort today but we are in waiting for two random guest damn it Evil or Very Mad Mind you have you seen just how stupid snow scooters look, I thought I looked an idiot on my monoski but I think I am outdone Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
in garbure we trust, I know how much hard work you both put into building your place up and running it . You deserve some free time - It still makes me go Evil or Very Mad Smile
snow conditions
Wev'e been out UK riding loads in the last couple of weeks, how do I post a couple of pics from our outings
latest report
Here a nice pic of a snow orb seen in Courchevel

Photo by Lol
snow conditions

From sunny Kitzbuhel last weekend.
latest report
Some pics from an off-piste route down from the Pic du Midi - 2877m (French Pyrenees) taken on Wednesday.

ski holidays
Top of Grand Col at Les Arcs on a day (25/01/2010) most people stayed in!! Soz about quality, taken on mobile phone.

ski holidays
allanm,
Quote:

taken on mobile phone

Lucky you didn't have a real camera then Smile , note to self must upgrade phone Toofy Grin
snow report
anarchicsaltire, Yes I was absolutely gutted, I quite often do carry a DSLR about.
snow report
Saint Lary Soulan. Weather here is -10deg rising to a high of -5. Plenty of snow last week, wonderful skiing conditions on and off piste. Sun forecast early this week then 300mm more snow by the weekend. Hurray. Staying in Chalet Lou Rider at the foot of the pistes, it's great.
snow report
allanm, so what phone was that then... ? it seems to have exposed better than some digital cameras i have had!
snow report
Richie_S, Nokia N97 - the EXIF data is still in the pic. TBF I over exposed a stop or so. Most / all digital cameras tend to underexpose in snow, quite often I'll give pics like these two full stops with a DSLR. What is good though is the auto white balance, N97 did an excellent job with that.
ski holidays
It has snowed hard here earlier in the week, giving us a good addition to a slightly icy base layer. The weather is bright and cold with minimal thaw. Slopes pretty empty now that the school holidays are over and only one lift closed after recent storm Xynthia. The locals tell me that the conditions here often improve towards the end of the season. St Lary Soulan resort closes Easter Sunday this year so get out here quick!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy