Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Diamir Fritschi Vipec 12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've got a pair of the Vipec bindings but the ski brakes are prone to engaging when I'm in touring mode. The little black lugs that hold the brakes flush with the ski don't seem large enough / or protrude enough to hold the brake firmly in place. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have any suggestions to resolve (apart from just removing the brake). Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@louisep77, you really have to push that black lug down hard and then brakes will come up
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - I can get the brakes to come up but they just don’t seem to lock reliably.

I’ve had a couple of tetchy moments where the brakes have engaged...and always while touring up a sketchy v. steep bit!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@louisep77, It's a known 'feature' of the Vipec. Carry some sturdy rubber bands.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@louisep77, have you really pushed hard and heard a "click" as the whole back end moves towards the tail - once locked in that position they do not move, unless there's a more serious issue going on.

Does it happen on one ski or both ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look to see if a small piece of the retaining lug(s) has broken off. It only needs one side to have cracked and the brake will release. This was a warranty issue.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve had the same issue on a second-hand set that came with leashes rather than brakes. I bought some brakes and they seemed to work fine when fitting them, but in the field would release in skinning mode. Not so much of a problem with no risers engaged (stamp down to fix) but a pain in the ass on steeper sections.
To fix, I’ve softened the plastic lugs with heat and bent inwards and set with cold. Seems to solve it... but will need testing in the field. The other option will be as Jon suggested, fix brakes in the up position with cable ties.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy