Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slalom ski advice

Poster: A snowHead
@Old Fartbag,
Quote:

Skizuber wrote:
@beeryletcher,
Quote:

f it were me I'd ask an Expert ... not a bunch of loonies on a forum...

Posted by accidentaly pressing Submit before writing text......
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@beeryletcher,
Dont be so harsh! ....PaulC gave me good Head ISL info. Old Fartbag bunch of review links. One guy(sorry guy ...forgot name) about Rossi ST Ti skid ability.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Skizuber, Looking at the videos, my advice would be to get someone to check your boot alignment, you may find that your existing skis work better for you afterwards.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rjs,
Probably right. Boots were not used for quite some time. Plastic might have moved a bit but I blamed it on my aclimatisation to new skis.
To late now,tommorow I'm geting Salomon Xmax 130 Race. Like the tighteness but am a bit worried about temperature sensitivity (read and heard some but little). Do you have some info about it?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rjs,
Not X max in particular but those heat molded shells in general.i'v tried to avoid them, but max race was only 96mm last that was felling ok with.Tecnica mach130 too,but taking them off is painfull experience!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Skizuber, I have skied Salomon Lab heat molded boots for 6 seasons now (~360 days on them, of varying intensity and length, and some fine lunches). No issue with the heat moulding at all (I imagine they tested them before launching them on to the market).

If Salomons fit, I can't imagine Tecnicas will (I am told they generally have very different last shapes).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name,
GOOD!
It should be 2mm difference. Max race 96, Mach 130 low volume 98(not RTversion), but not shure for which size as reference point.
Didnt notice significant differrence in liner general fit between those two ...but yes ,compared to other brands
But you are right max race is tighter

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 15-03-18 17:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Skizuber, what I have been told, is that the Tecnica's have higher volume heel boxes. Meaning that all 3 pairs I owned were always going to be wrong.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name,
Somewhat higher yes. But even same model/size can have discrepancies.(quality control)
Happened to me yesterday. Tried 2 Xrace pairs in two different stores.....two different boots!
Quote:

Meaning that all 3 pairs I owned were always going to be wrong
Not sure what you mean here
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Skizuber, I had 3 sets of tecnicas between 1990 and ? 2006 and never had great heel hold. Because they were the wrong shape for my feet and no one selling them had thought to tell me...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh forget store clercs. Even Strolz is not always right.
But every time I buy boots I buy stick foam (for better heel hold Smile ,sharp scalpel and tape.
Nobody can help us there other than ourselves. Good boot fitters are rare and far appart
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Skizuber, actually, my last pair (Nordica Dobermann) were and current Salomons are a good fit to my foot so no foam required. The Sallies were fitted by the most excellent crew at SOLE in Chamonix so that's hardly a surprise.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name,
On last two pairs I did fitting myself.
My liners look like hideous patch work, left tonque plastic cut out over arch,but fits like glove!!
At the beggining I was scared shittless,but realised quickly ......not such a big deal. Small moves, time and repeat if not good
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name,
Quote:

@Skizuber, actually, my last pair (Nordica Dobermann) were and current Salomons are a good fit to my foot so no foam required. The Sallies were fitted by the most excellent crew at SOLE in Chamonix so that's hardly a surprise.

Nice.....I wish I was closer. Cause I doubt tomorrow will be the same with my fitting.
I'll just take them and do it myself.....but not lookin forward to it. Gettin' old for that sh#7
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Am about to order Rossi. Deciding lenght. Anybody tried 170 SL lenght( 172 in Rossi case) and noticed any significant advantages/disadvantages over standard 165 lenght? All test ski and even rentals are 165. Leaning toward longer for added stability but......dont know
latest report
Nobody tried/has170cm "cheater" SL ski?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy