Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Little Shredders

Poster: A snowHead
I'm quite happy with the balance in my kids ski "race" club. Husband would like them to hit more gates...

The hill was storm bound on Sunday and kids did jumps at the (snow-covered) dry ski slope.

The 7 year old hitting gates on the instagram link above did his first 180 Laughing

If you want to make the "best" skier possible it isn't by hitting gates constantly!

Also some dabbling in snowboarding won't do much harm as long as they take it too far Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The issue in the UK , no slopes will allow a 2yr old on Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BobinCH, whenever I see you've started a thread, for me, it is a 'must read'. Love your photos of routes and places - the vast majority of which I will never be capable of skiing or visiting.
This thread is a whole new level.
Please keep sharing!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ray Zorro, hear hear, in every detail! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chapeau to you both!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dad of the year?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow man. Congrats. I don't ski with you for a few years and... it wasn't enough that you were better than me, now your kid as well?? wink Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ed123 wrote:
Dad of the year?
hahaha one of my mates told me I should be checking out manslaughter laws in CH 🤣

@horizon, Still skiing those Tankers like a pro? Try the DPS 124’s for cheating 😉 Shame to miss you in La Grave - looking forward to the TR. Verbier should be good in April if you have any ski days left....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Little air! Love Performance ski school and what they do with the kids...

http://youtube.com/v/CyjJ0xeq1Bk
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice. The question of balance between training gates and free ski is an interesting one, and a challenge for clubs focusing on gates, as gates only isn't considered to be the right way to get highest performing racers....the official approach from swiss ski is that juniors are supposed to spend the majority of their time free skiing, ideally behind someone with excellent technique. That's great in theory, but in practice most clubs focus on gates gates gates to the detriment of this ideal. A very good coach our club used to use didn't want anyone in gates till their technique was good enough, and then only wanted them training gates until the race season started, in season he wanted them only free skiing (bur really really fast). But its really hard to convince parents in particular that this is a more valid long term approach than getting little Pierre to do 7 runs through gates every wednesday and saturday.....someone above also asked what happens the ex racers if they dont make it onto an instructor track..... trying to figure that out now for one daughter who quit racing last season, irrespective of what else happens, she now skis absolutely fabulously after 4 years of racing. Sets her up for life to ski anything she wants, anywhere she wants.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The little shredders seem to have metamorphised into powder pups over the last few weeks. The little one has joined the party although she met her match in a Mont Gélé whiteout!

http://youtube.com/v/RyrBFzJ87Vs
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, brilliant! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, Love this!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Amazing what a girl will do for a stripey doughnut 🤣
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, what a (gnarly) poppet!
ski holidays
Powderpup 2 nicked her brothers pow skis today and I don’t think he’s getting them back anytime soon

http://youtube.com/v/mCjJgrcoh6A

He wasn’t looking so pleased about it in the wind blown pow on his piste skis 🤣
snow conditions
This kid is unreal! Bec des Rosses at 7yo 😳😳😳
http://www.ridevalais.ch/mika-au-bec-des-rosses/
ski holidays
Duplicate

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 14-04-18 17:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
snow_badger wrote:
7... serious skills. Fab photos and video, so thank you for posting. What age did he start skiing ? I would love my son to enjoy skiing and be this good by 7 but living in the UK I dont see that happening Puzzled

you'd be very surprised at how good kids can become with a good coach in a race club on a dry slope. good technique is good technique regardless of where it's learnt.
latest report
@BobinCH, I've just clocked this thread. well done to your young uns, they look very confident in the variable conditions. it must be amazing skiing the whole mountain with them like that
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
This kid is unreal! Bec des Rosses at 7yo 😳😳😳
http://www.ridevalais.ch/mika-au-bec-des-rosses/
Amazing. The article is very moving too.
latest report
WaitForMe! wrote:
Quote:

I would love my son to enjoy skiing and be this good by 7 but living in the UK I dont see that happening

This is a Cairngorm local 7 year old. Never skied outside Scotland. Never had a lesson before this season but been skiing since 3. Not near indoor or big dry ski slope for all year round training.

I think it is possible for kids to get good in the UK but the gap will widen as the kids get older.

Thats fab, but not living in Scotland means that all i have are my local dry slopes and indoors slopes. None of these will offer lessons to a child of 2/3 when I last enquired
latest report
snow_badger wrote:
Thats fab, but not living in Scotland means that all i have are my local dry slopes and indoors slopes. None of these will offer lessons to a child of 2/3 when I last enquired

I believe Chill Factore have a basic course for 3 year olds...
https://www.chillfactore.com/ski-and-snowboard/kids-snow-school/ski-penguins-3-4-yrs/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy