Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buy your Portes du Soleil adult season pass at discounted rate before 30 November

Poster: A snowHead
At the eleventh hour, I've just discovered a loophole to get about £100 pounds early bird discount on a season pass. If you try to but one from a French resort website, they will charge the full price of 940 Eu. Go the the Champery website, and they are selling for the discounted price of 927 CHF. They will deliver them to the UK for a further 3 CHF. As far as I am aware, the first use can be anywhere in PDS, but is is possible that you will need to go to Morgins to validate them on the first day. If you're staying in Chatel, that's just a short car/bus journey.

I've just bought two passes. Now I just hope they work when I get there... Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
An addendum to above. I've bought the passes, but I have no evidence this will work, so buyer beware!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure in previous years you had to start your skiing from the station you bought from.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, I agree, but the info I have is that it may be case for the French resorts, but not the Swiss. Anyway, for me it will be worth the risk of a short drive from Chatel into Switzerland to save £200. Not so good if you're in Morzine, or without a car.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, but we have generally bought our residents/old people’s discounted PDS season passes from the TO in Les Gets but skied first from Ardent as LG hasn’t been open.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chamcham wrote:
@under a new name, I agree, but the info I have is that it may be case for the French resorts, but not the Swiss. Anyway, for me it will be worth the risk of a short drive from Chatel into Switzerland to save £200. Not so good if you're in Morzine, or without a car.

If you were in Morzine how much would a "half day pass" be, ski over, activate and job jobbed!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
Pretty sure in previous years you had to start your skiing from the station you bought from.
That was my impression but I looked at the terms and conditons on Telemorgins.ch and it does say

"Conditions générales de vente et d'utilisation des forfaits 2017-2018

Le 1er jour de ski doit commencer dans la station où le forfait a été acheté."

so looks OK.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I asked the same thing at the caisses when I bought a pds pass from chatel. It's only the first activation that had to be done in the resort you buy it from. Thereafter you can start skiing each day in any place in the pds.

Strange that the Swiss side is offering cheaper passes as it's usually the other way around. I spotted the same thing myself but it's still cheaper for me to buy in Chatel as I qualify for the indigenes discount there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marcellus wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

If you were in Morzine how much would a "half day pass" be, ski over, activate and job jobbed!

47Euro. Only potential issue is that it requires enough lifts/runs to be open in order to ski over. Not looking like an issue this year but would have been last.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can get a 5hr Avoriaz pass for EUR 37
You do not need PdS as this'll get you to the top of Mosettes, and then its all down hill to Les Crossets.
You can spend the EUR 10 you saved ( on top of the 103 Chuffs) on a small coffee and a marathon bar Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WindOfChange wrote:
You can get a 5hr Avoriaz pass for EUR 37
You do not need PdS as this'll get you to the top of Mosettes, and then its all down hill to Les Crossets.
You can spend the EUR 10 you saved ( on top of the 103 Chuffs) on a small coffee and a marathon bar Smile

I know that, here in Switzerland, we're quite traditional (some would say backward), but do they still call Snickers bars Marathons in Les Crosets or are you showing your (our) age?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snoozeboy, the latter Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BergenBergen wrote:
under a new name wrote:
That was my impression but I looked at the terms and conditons on Telemorgins.ch and it does say

"Conditions générales de vente et d'utilisation des forfaits 2017-2018

Le 1er jour de ski doit commencer dans la station où le forfait a été acheté."

so looks OK.

I thought that was what I said?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, Sort of wink but if you bought the pass from skipasschampery.ch would you have to validate it from Champery, ie the resort it was purchased in
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, Sorry, confused your post with one from the OP. I did repeat you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Perhaps I should have been clearer. The skipass-morgins website was down, and still is, with the instruction to go to the skipasschampery page instead, so I'm assuming Morgins will be ok, even though I bought it from the Champery website. If not, it's a longer drive, although still not very far, to Champery. Anyway, as @Pamski, said, I'm hoping to get it validated in Chatel. The problem is, we won't know until January. Smile
latest report
I looked into this late November, and read on the site of one of the swiss resorts that a pass bought in CH has to start in CH every day, and vice versa. Not the same station, just the same country. Can't find it again now so can't prove it, but be prepared to see a lot of the Col de Morgins this winter! I hope you prove me wrong... snowHead
ski holidays
@shep, I'll let you know!
snow report
A few points from my brief experience this year...
- I called the Chatel office when buying my pass and said that I sometimes stay with friends in Champery, Morgins and Avoriaz. They said this would be no problem to start skiiing each day from different villages, but we didn't mention any activation issues.
- Friends who bought their passes in Morgins, started skiing for the first time from Chatel without activation problems. I don't know if this applies to other resorts.
- Further to my previous queries - I received the 5 days in Aletsch Arena and Verbier for each paid for pass - woohoo!

SB
snow conditions
@snoozeboy, Thanks - that's reassuring. I'll post what happened after 13 January Smile
snow conditions
In hindsight, I was looking at the indigene passes, for which it would be reasonable to restrict the starting point. For a full price pass it should be none of their business, so hopefully all will be cool. Blush
latest report
Here's an update. We arrived in la Chapelle three days ago. On the first day, I presented myself at the Pantiaz lift. The first turnstile rejected me with a forfait erreur" message, but the liftie told me to try another turnstile and it worked. I started yesterday in Pre la Joux, and it worked with no problem, Mrs C missed the first day, so her first lift was in PLJ, and all was fine Smile
snow report
Wow brilliant, sorry for being sceptical Blush The price difference is about the same as we get for being resident on the french side anyway, but for non-resident regular visitors this is very interesting! Glad it worked out snowHead
ski holidays
@shep, thanks Smile
snow report
@Chamcham, Interesting.

I’ve noticed that some of the gates (e.g. bottom of Pre La Joux or Pierre Longue lifts) have the right hand gate marked “use this gate if using a pass bought on line for the first time”. I wondered if it was something to do with the location of first use.
snow conditions
@DJL, could it be the camera is focused on that turnstile?

So it looks to me like it's marginally cheaper on the french side this year, €774 until end of September as opposed to 904CHs (around 803€). The french side pds indigene has been withdrawn, so french-side locals need to get the ordinary earlybird pass. The swiss are still selling an indigene at 800CHs, but of course you have to be resident on the swiss side. Also an adult season pds still comes with a free kids (-12) pds season, but they've stipulated this year it has to be your own child!
snow conditions
Oh, btw, just noticed the title of the thread, the cut-off for the best discount is end of September this year - not November!

Edit: Has been extended to 7th October.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 14-09-18 17:33; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Does anyone know if you can upgrade to a PDS pass from a Season Les Gets/Morzine pass? Say a daily upgrade if and when needed. No info on official site re this.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm, not sure, I know you can trade in the "secret" resort-worker's Morzine+Avoriaz+Les Gets season pass for a day's PdS by the day for a small supplement, and you can get a day's Swiss-side pass for a small supplement by showing the worker's pass at any Swiss ticket office (Chatel don't do it, so day's PdS required). I don't know if either of these work with a standard Morzine+Les Gets season pass. If you don't get any joy here, you should ask on the "Morzine Crew" FB page.
ski holidays
....did it a few times last year, you get 20% off daily rate, so 40 instead of 50. You have to hand in your actual season pass, they give you a 1 day disposable one, and you re-collect your season pass end of day at the same Caisse (usually Prodains for me)

You also get 3 extra passes (full day access to any resort in Haute Savoie) with each LG/Morzine season pass, even kids, and 3 other discounted invite passes.
ski holidays
I should have learnt not to doubt the knowledge-base of SH! snowHead
latest report
and for bonus points, I've figured that I'd need to use PdS more than 10 times to justify a full season pass (vs LG/Mor)....not including the 3 free trips, and the obligatory 20 eur days at the start of the season. Skin up a few times as well, so that's enough PdS for me.

Tough one for 15-25 yr olds, PdS season pass 382 or LG/Mor for 320 + plus all the free stuff (worth about 200). Different circumstances for each family no doubt, both good deals. Am swayed by the free trips to Grand Massif, or Chamonix.
snow report
PdS season has some freebies too, 5x Verbier day passes and 5x Aletch Arena (wherever the * that is! wink ). Personally I always get the PdS, but I'd rather have the Haute-Savoie freebies.
snow conditions
@shep, last year, didn’t you get the H-S passes on request?
ski holidays
5 Verbier's is good, but the day trip will cost you more than you saved in the first place..
Not clear if you still get the PdS freebies with the discounted u26 pass
latest report
By jove you're right uann, just found them, unused (doh Crying or Very sad ). No mention of them on the PdS site though...

@polo, I wondered that, it's not explicitly stated online, but it does say "with all paid PdS season passes" (i.e. not with the free kiddy ones).
snow report
@shep, if we are feeling suitably flush, Aletsch Arena looks pretty funky and I think we get it on our Cham passes too.

Road Trip!
ski holidays
It’s just up the Valais...
ski holidays
"Carry-On up the Valais"? Laughing. I'm in Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@shep, like Flynn?

Looks like a fine weekend adventure.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy