Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2017/18 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Les 2 Alpes glacier closed this week and not open for fall skiing.

Glacier almost gone.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Whitegold, your "news" is anything but, see previous posts on this thread 17 days ago. The glacier is very much there, just short of skiable snow atm.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The lifts closed yesterday after opening for mountain biking for Toussaint. It's been hiking weather again, I'm going to La Bérarde again tomorrow to walk to Vallon du Chardon. Due to snow a fair bit over the weekend with freezing level down to 1000m. Countdown to winter opening on 2nd December starts now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B
How is the atmosphere in the village? Is everybody confident that by 2nd of december the glacier will be ski-ready?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dries_v, Everyone was shocked at Toussaint closing as it was the first ever time. A friend a pisteur has been pointing out that the glacier has been in similarly bad conditions in the past. Who knows the weather changes so quickly up here.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Let's hope for the best. Probably coming the 20th of january, things will be much better by then I guess Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last year it snowed a lot in November and very little again until after New Year. We're due a decent winter 😊
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yesterday was possibly the last warm, sunny hiking day so I went to La Bérarde with my girlfiend and her son, 11, to hike to Vallon du Chardon. 12.5km/566m of vertical he did really well and it was a great walk.

We're due a ot (70cm at 2600m if you believe snowforecast) of snow over the next few day. It has already started on the peak of La Muzelle Very Happy Some interesting and spectacular weather conditions here recently.

Une mer de nuages (sea of clouds)

Spectacular sunsets

Hopefully some snowy photos to come soon Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lovely pics, fingers crossed for the snow this weekend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It started raining heaviy about 3.30am and continued for the rest of the night, heavily enough to wake me. At 7.30 when I woke the snowline was about 1800m, now snowing in resort. Must have been a lot higher up. I'll take some photos when I can see something, very murky atm.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
webcams looking better with all that snow. Loving the snow line visible on the hill above resort.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Like this Very Happy About 1800m. It has snowed in resort but a bit wet

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The freezing level dropped overnight and it has continued to snow lightly. The sun is trying hard to shine atm Very Happy

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A nice bright sunny panorama to wake up to Very Happy Unfortunately the mist has now risen from Venosc, hoping it will clear for a hike in the snow. A bit more snow due tonight and tomorrow, it's pretty cold atm.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof wrote:
Les Deux Alpes have decided not to open the glacier this autumn for skiing due to its poor condition. .

nooooooooo.
snow report
@mihaid, it did look rather snowless. Looking a bit better now on webcams but could do with mo snow.
snow report
Nice photos Claude B, hope you have a good season...............

More importantly please keep up with the piccys..............it makes the nights at work go a tad faster
snow conditions
@Claude B, looking good for the season, have a blast & keep safe, I am speaking to pals about another boys trip March time, I have told them what an awesome resort L2A is, not to mention Le Frog Very Happy Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
For the first time this winter I was woken by the snow ploughs at 6. I had to go down to Bourg D'Oisans and there was about 10cm of snow to clear from the car. There has been a lot of cloud hanging over the resort as mist all week and although we did get a little blue sky today the mist has won again. I did go for a little walk though and took aome photos.

Panorama looking over to Alpe D'Huez from about 1950m with Pic Blanc above the band of clouds

Lac Chambon (abt 1000m) this morning

Snow laden trees in resort

And a boring one looking up towards the pistes
snow conditions

best get out now in case it melts, like last year.
snow report
@davidof, nice
snow report
@davidof, hoping to over weekend Very Happy

Last year's dump in November was bigger it was possible to ski back to resort for a couple of days after skinning up. Atm need to drive up to Crete.
snow conditions
> Last year's dump in November was bigger it was possible to ski back to resort for a couple of days after skinning up.

yes good point and that's my impression too. A good half a meter last year, around 30cm this year. Maybe it is a good sign?

Should be a bit more snow over the weekend but it will be quite warm tomorrow.
ski holidays
I took a hike in the snow today instead. Beautiful when above the cloud. Went up Vallee Blanche but only as far as 1900m (much higher I think I might have needed snowshoes) then down below the resort and back. The snow is pretty nice Very Happy

snow report
davidof wrote:

best get out now in case it melts, like last year.

I like your thinking! If there's snow on the ground, might as well slay it and carve it up! Don't let it go to waste!
latest report
It has been warmer over the weekend with some rain in resort which must have fallen as snow higher. All changing now with a storm coming in, snow and a strong northerly wind. 30cm forecast in resort overnight 😊
latest report
Keep the updates on snow levels coming please. They are very helpful in deciding whether to make the long trip down there in mid December!
snow report
It got quite wild for a while last night with the snow falling sideways due to a pretty fierce northerly wind. Not as much as the forecast on Snowforecast (27cm but tbh they normally overstate it). Photo from my balcony, I haven't ventured out yet. About 10cm on the balustrade probably a bit more on the ground and more higher up. Still snow flurries which are due to continue all day Very Happy

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm working in resort today and you can see the lower slopes where the snow has blown off. Very cold
ski holidays
Bit warmer today in the sun, must be cold enough though as all the cannons running on Vallee Blanche. No more snow forecast atm. A lot of activity going on up the mountain. Piste markers and padding going up and some signs of bashing. Just over 2 weeks to go Very Happy

latest report
I see from 2alpes.net that the folks in charge at LDA are going to allow snowscoots on the slopes (Jandri only I think)
I’m personally hoping this more enlightened position will also include the use of ski bikes or ski bobs (google brentner ski bike to see what I mean) .
I could never understand why these were banned when dangerous pursuits things like skiing with kites are allowed. I had heard that there was a serious accident involving one at some stage but not sure if that is true.
Up until now we have had to go to other resorts to use them so hoping we won’t get turned away at the lifts this year!
If there is anyone in resort who knows any ski patrollers I would be interested in what they have to say on the subject.
Fingers crossed as ever for more snow in the next few weeks.
ski holidays
@honeybadger, I've seen them in the past from time to time anyway. I've a mate who is a pisteur I'll ask when I see him.

I assume by Jandri only that's the Jandri Express gondola which opens up much of the mountain.

Do you mean speedriding? That's crazy I watch them in summer too from my balcony. Only a danger to themselves though not really others.
snow report
Hi Claude,
This is what it says on 2alpesnet.com regarding snowscoots.
‘Also available to try on the mountain is the Snowscoot, which you may have seen in other resorts. It's a metal frame with two ski-like skids underneath and looks almost like a bike frame. You can use these on the Jandri Express blue piste from 3200 to 1600 metres’

So I’m guessing just on the two jandri gondolas.
That would be helpful if you could ask around so thanks in advance.
Yes re the speed riding thing looks great fun but my skiing wouldn’t be up to it .
snow report
I've been down at my girlfriend's in Provence all week with 18C temperatures, it came as a bit of a shock getting back yesterday Shocked Heavy rain turning to wet snow all morning. Too wet to settle lower but I think from about 2000m will have got a fair bit. Due to get colder with a little more snow over the next couple of days. We open next Saturday Very Happy
snow report
No more snow but very cold -7C last night and well below freezing still with a cold northerly wind on top. Cannons running flat out on blue back to resort and resort level runs. More snow due later in the week. I popped into the Polar Bear yesterday evening, it had just opened, I think I was the 1st customer of the season Shocked Pete who has run the Secret Bar for the last few years has moved there and it was nice to catch up with him again.

snow conditions
Still really cold with temperatures 0f -7 or 8 at night and never getting above freezing. Due to start snowing later today and continue on and off for the rest of the week.

Just a reminder that there is a free offpiste awareness course here every Tuesday. Theory followed by practise in the ARVA Park followed by a session with a guide skiing offpiste and digging snow holes, etc. Details (in french, cant find it in English atm), register at Tourist Office http://www.les2alpes.com/fr/glisse/la-freeride-attitude.html

snow report
For the 2nd time this winter I was woken by the snowploughs but not until 6, in peak season it's 5 Shocked Nice bit of snow overnight and it's due to continue through to Sunday with it getting very cold and the biggest fall due Thursday night. Weather might be a bit grim for opening day but longer term it's great Very Happy

My advent calendar has also arrived Very Happy

snow conditions
Surely the 2 items in the foreground a completely spurious? Very Happy
latest report
@KennyEverett, I do like to cut the foil neatly and I live in hope that I'll drink a glass a day Shocked

Actually my girlfriend wont be happy if it's all gone next time she comes. I'm waiting for here reaction on whatsapp Shocked Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Sometimes I just want to stay in bed when it's -8C and enjoy the view. But then the sun gets up and instantly warms the apartment and when I get up and go on the balcony it's even better Very Happy Helped by some more snow last night. Been for a stroll this morning and all the cannons are running flat out too. More snow due later today and tomorrow Very Happy

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy