Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and the Espace Killy 2017/18 (Closed - No more posts please!)

Poster: A snowHead
Dr John wrote:
Season passes now available online with 25% discount up to end the October.

I think this is what I am going to buy as the 'resident' option for Val is just too complicated to comply with, for me.

The Tignes owbers scheme is €75 cheaper than the Val early bird discounted scheme but you have to own in Tignes, not in Val.

The Val early bird scheme is open now.

https://www.valdisere.ski/en/decouvrez-les-produits-val-d-isere#pass-saison
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Can anyone recommend good ski and boot hire shops?
Not sure where Hotel Taos is (??) - but Intersport are VERY cheap if you book in advance.

Used them for weekend trips - which works out a fair bit cheaper than easyjet ski carriage - and had decent kit/no problems.

Various Tignes shops available: https://www.intersportrent.com/mobile/en
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mountainaddict, Between the Alpaka and the Marie. Intersport would be another 100m across the snow front. You'll not find many owners in the Vallon Blanc.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Dr John wrote:

Thank you Dr John. Just logged in and bought mine.

I could not see an option to add a Carte Neige for the season though - can anyone recommend best way to do this, either on line or in resort? For the Paradiski pass you could add it at the time of buying your season pass.

Switching to EK this winter, as I don't have to do the long-distance commute back to London any more ... Yippee!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobski62, I got CN during the order process. You might be able to add it retrospectively, otherwise you can get it added at a ticket office in resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bobski62 wrote:
Quote:

Dr John wrote:

Thank you Dr John. Just logged in and bought mine.

I could not see an option to add a Carte Neige for the season though - can anyone recommend best way to do this, either on line or in resort? For the Paradiski pass you could add it at the time of buying your season pass.

Switching to EK this winter, as I don't have to do the long-distance commute back to London any more ... Yippee!

You have to buy Carte Niege from the Club des Sport. There is one in Tignes and one in Val. You used to need a doctor's cert but think this is no longer the case. €75 for the season.

http://www.clubdessports-tignes.com/oidit_T003_e3845aa7d0941bdfdec757c3c37d5130.html

http://www.valsport.org/fr/

This only applies to the season cover. Tourist cover can be bought with the pass.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bar shaker, Carrè Neige was €35 purchased online at same time as season pass - https://www.valdisere.ski/en/forfait-ski/1-saison-espace-killy-795/options?s=2017-10-05&sk[0][age]=43
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Dr John; Bar Shaker. Looks pretty straightforward on the Val d'Isere pages, but still cunningly hidden on the Tignes ones...

I'll probably just do it on arrival; having followed your helpful links, the carreneige.com website lists all the outlets which suggests ESF in Tignes might be easiest.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bobski62, there you go, everything's just that little bit better in ValD

*runs for cover*
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last season I got it at the office by the Grande Mott funicular.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You may have a point Dr John ... certainly a better discount.

I rushed and didn't realise there would be a difference which now rather leaves me smarting. Ouch. Warning to other snowheads.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@bobski62, different discount for exactly the same thing? I'm amazed. How on earth are they justifying that?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all for the alert. Once question, if we buy the Val season pass, does the first ski to validate the pass need to be from the Val ski area? We are in Tignes for a week in December, then coming to La Daille for the season in January. Just a bit of a pain to have to trek to Val to validate the ski pass on the first morning.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dr John wrote:
@bobski62, there you go, everything's just that little bit better in ValD

*runs for cover*

Especially the rate at which your wallet empties!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@lynnecha, This used to be the case but I am sure jimski managed it last year having bought a Val pass. If not I will lend you a set of skins - its only an hour up the Toviere Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
snow conditions
lynnecha wrote:
does the first ski to validate the pass need to be from the Val ski area?

We didn't need to last season.

The photo that you upload to the website is the one shown to the lift operator each time you go through the turnstile. They seem to appreciate an amusing photo.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, Deal! Shocked @hodgkins, Believe me, at our age, all photos are amusing! Very Happy
snow conditions
lynnecha wrote:
Thanks all for the alert. Once question, if we buy the Val season pass, does the first ski to validate the pass need to be from the Val ski area? We are in Tignes for a week in December, then coming to La Daille for the season in January. Just a bit of a pain to have to trek to Val to validate the ski pass on the first morning.

The passes are valid across the whole EK so it doesn't matter where your first lift is.
snow report
@chocksaway, except, apparently, when buying a season lift pass.
ski holidays
@Dr John, wink
snow conditions
Hi there, does anyone know what has happened to the maeva apartments in tignes le lac? Residence le lac I think they were called. Just a couple of doors up from the underground bar.

I stayed there a couple of years ago and they were basic but very cheap. I can't find them on any of the websites this year.

Thanks in advance
Mr Ted
ski holidays
mr ted wrote:
Hi there, does anyone know what has happened to the maeva apartments in tignes le lac? Residence le lac I think they were called. Just a couple of doors up from the underground bar.

I stayed there a couple of years ago and they were basic but very cheap. I can't find them on any of the websites this year.

Thanks in advance
Mr Ted

Building has been revamped and is now a swish new hotel, cant remember the name.

edit, its called the Langley Tignes 2100 hotel
ski holidays
This is why mountains are special.....
snow conditions
@nelly0168, The Langley 2100 is next door to the maeva Apartment block that@mr ted, is talking about. I won't know what has happened to that until late Nov when I get there.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@nelly0168, The Langley 2100 is next door to the maeva Apartment block that@mr ted, is talking about. I won't know what has happened to that until late Nov when I get there.

Ah, cheers - we only paid vague attention when we were staggering back from the Embuscade - in a "oooh, look a nice shiny new hotel" kind of way Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@nelly0168, I find it very difficult to even pay vague attention when leaving the Embuscade Very Happy

The Langley 2100 is a good place for grub too, and now they have changed the see through glass that formed the bathroom walls (very Scandi) its not a bad place to stop!
snow report
The Langley looks pretty much unchanged, from looking at Booking.com. We stayed there about 4 years ago and liked it. The rooms are small but the location is perfect.
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
The Langley looks pretty much unchanged, from looking at Booking.com. We stayed there about 4 years ago and liked it. The rooms are small but the location is perfect.

Didnt know it was there 4 years ago, to be honest - Until this year it flew under my radar.

Only noticed it because they appear to have a have a swanky bar / restaurant area on the ground floor that runs from the road all the way through to the lake side - with windows on both sides.

I had assumed it was a dump and was revamped only in 2017.

Or am I getting mixed up with somewhere else - as I said earlier, I am usually 3 sheets to the wind when in that area Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bar shaker, & @nelly0168, I think the Langley 2100 was refurbished during the second half of 2015. it was a little late opening due to building delays. (Chocksaway may remember some of the problems.. possibly finding asbestos when they were stripping the old building out??)

I think my son and a group of mates were among the first paying guests in Jan '16. It wasn't without problems. When his room-mate used the shower on arrival it flooded most of the bedroom. The builders' seemed to think that water runs uphill nowadays as the shower drain was at the highest point of the walk-in area Puzzled
snow report
The 2100 was basic but reasonable and very 60s! George is correct with his dates and the asbestos issue (not bad for an old bloke wink ). I suspect the Maeva may still be in bits when we arrive. Meanwhile, I suspect there has been a bit of checking on cladding and insulation which has been appearing all over the Alps recently.
snow report
The 2100 is decent for a lunch at a reasonable cost. Nothing fancy but good for the price. Reports I have had on the accom following the refurb is small rooms but good.
ski holidays
Stayed at the Langley when it first opened in January 16. A few minor building issues, but fine. Rooms were of a decent standard, not palatial but not broom cupboard size either. Decent bar, I'd stay there again. Location fine. My only gripe was the food. While the food quality was good, the portions were minuscule - one evening the dessert was the size of a 20p piece. Also, if you're staying half board, there wasn't a choice of food. Might have changed since then. Food easily topped up at Sherpa or Spar, both are very close.
snow conditions
The cheapest season skipass in the site appears to be 1300 euros that is a hike on last year at this time. About 1150 last year. I think they are trying to move all on to the ski a la carte. But from my calculations thats going to be even more expensive. One quick way to annoy your regulars
snow report
@Mark1863, https://www.valdisere.ski/en/forfait-saison

I'm still confused at to how/why Tignes doesn't offer the same discount for exactly the same thing, especially where there doesn't seem to be a forfeit for buying from Valsisere.com and living in Tignes.

Of course I could be missing something obvious and crucial. It has been known.
snow report
You have to use it first in Val. But €975 instead of €1300. So even if you buy a pass to get up the Toviere and then Ski down you are still getting a massive discount. STGM are being a bit stupid. Unless something turns up soon I will go with the Val pass before 27/10. Thanks @Dr John,
snow report
@Mark1863, Just been on the Tignes site and found this https://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/forfait-ski/1-saison-espace-killy-473-2/?sk%5B0%5D%5Bage%5D=43

That appears to be an increase of around 20 euros over last seasons offering. Not bad considering current exchange rates etc etc.
latest report
Mark1863 wrote:
The cheapest season skipass in the site appears to be 1300 euros that is a hike on last year at this time. About 1150 last year. I think they are trying to move all on to the ski a la carte. But from my calculations thats going to be even more expensive. One quick way to annoy your regulars

I'm just renewing mes forfait saisons as we speak. Last year the EK pass was €1250 for the season, so it's gone up €50. The discounted Val price last year was €937.50.

The Val price for Carre Niege is also cheap at €35 each.

Interestingly, STVI don't offer a discount to property owners, where as Tignes does. STVI offers a residents discount, which is huge, but you need a French income tax account registered to your French address. We don't pay any tax in France so don't qualify.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 11-10-17 14:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@bar shaker, Link above to site says 1170 euros. (not including any insurance).

(i'm referring to the Tignes site)
latest report
@GeorgeVII, that is the Tignes early bird discounted price and only applies to purchases before 25th November. After then it is €1300, the same as Val.

I just paid €1010 each incl Carre Niege.

Tignes even charge you €10 extra if you didn't keep last year's pass!
snow conditions
Mark1863 wrote:
You have to use it first in Val.

We used our Val season passes in Tignes first with no issues. Suggest you at least give it a go in Tignes before buying a day pass to get up Tov.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy