Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Rosablanche tour in good nick! More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3049299#3049299
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheeky 16:30 empty Jumbo. Happy days ☀️

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bec de Rosses Friday. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3050682#3050682
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like a few mm fell last night up high. Still pretty murky looking at the cams.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We arrived last night, here for a week.
Thick clouds...snowing in Le Chable
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We went up after the thick clouds dispersed (lunchtime).
Properly cold!
Hardly anyone there.

About 5-10cm of cold fresh on top of refrozen old slush...interesting at times!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went up after the thick clouds dispersed (lunchtime).
Properly cold!
Hardly anyone there.

About 5-10cm of cold fresh on top of refrozen old slush...interesting at times!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Annoying duplication!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice freshen up on Easter Monday. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3052092#3052092
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flippin cold today!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rungsp wrote:
Flippin cold today!

Just preparing you for next winter! Great conditions up high. Perhaps another look at the Bec today?

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spot the 2 boys at the top...

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The pistes are great!

The off piste isn't too shabby either... more here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3053139#3053139
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, time for a rename for you - @BobinBec!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well that was the season that was...

Today was our last day, only a few lifts still running but the weather was lovely, just like most of the pistes.

We were finished at 2pm, I had to take the dog to the Vet for the pre-travel thing.
Though the air temperature is cold the sun is strong. This meant that snow that is shaded or oblique is still real winter consistency, whereas snow that is full on angled to the sun is very slushy....the nicest stuff is in between the two extremes...and that was lovely!

Overall I think Verbier has had a pretty good season: it opened very early indeed with good coverage, and through the drought period of December-January the pisteurs kept everything fully open, top to bottom. This was in contrast to many other places, even neighbours Chamonix.
My congratulations to Televerbier.

During the summer they are replacing the Mont Gele cable car, which surprises me....when, WHEN, we they resolve the legal wranglings over the Savolyeres cable car replacement?
latest report
As per @rungsp, Weather station and Gazex couloirs off Mont Gélé still in good condition

Mouches not so much....
ski holidays
Looks like the weather Gods have left the best 'til last....
latest report
@rungsp, apparently Mont Gélé is for safety reasons. The lift station has started subsiding. It will remain one cable only, 45 man capacity to keep traffic to current levels. Savoleyres alas appears to be stuck in the courts with a stubborn and deep pocketed Genevan lady who doesn't want the La Tzoumaz hoi polloi checking her out sun bathing 🙄
latest report
@BobinCH, you had better be out there this weekend...the forecast looks fantastic!

Tell the young one you have to cancel his party on Saturday...teach him prioritisation at an early age wink

I will be helping The Lad move into his first owned apartment on Saturday....the years fly by...
latest report
Waist deep. Face shots. Sunshine. Epic 😜

More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=131837&highlight=

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 29-04-17 5:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Hells teeth, I haven't had snow like that in years Mr. Green
latest report
Sunshine Saturday

http://youtube.com/v/7sLOoZyrSKs
ski holidays
Best day in a while. From first lift to 5 pm, haven't had many of those this season.
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
Sunshine Saturday

http://youtube.com/v/7sLOoZyrSKs

Jammy sod Wink
snow conditions
Bec in powder. Saving the best 'till last...

Awesome April leaving me with rose tinted specs for the season.

I ❤️ Verbier
ski holidays
Well, the opening weekend and the closing weekend provided some of the best skiing of the season. Managed to ski down to Verbier on Sunday afternoon, only had to pop skis off twice.

And inevitably, it snowed Sunday night and most of Monday, with more due this week....
ski holidays
One year in six/seven the 1st of May falls on the Monday...and it is a Public Holiday in Switzerland too.

I really think Televerbier miss a trick by closing on the Sunday (they always close the last Sunday in April) because in that year they could claim "we were open seven months of the year"....and there has always been enough snow to still offer some skiing.
snow report
I know what you mean @rungsp, to be honest they couldn't close quickly enough. 45-60 minutes queue for lift tickets in Le Châble Saturday morning. Having spent all Thursday and Friday saying how great the conditions were going to be on Saturday, to then only open two ticket desks is a little short sighted.

Olympique (and the ladies loos at Atelas) shut, Chalet Carlsberg closed by 2pm Sunday, loos in Le Chable shut all weekend.

Televerbier have done great stuff with the snow making and piste management in a very challenging season, but they really need to up their customer service game to justify a lift ticket that is 3 times the price of some nearby competing areas.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow's gone but not the fun!

snow report
Steve Sparks wrote:

Televerbier have done great stuff with the snow making and piste management in a very challenging season, but they really need to up their customer service game to justify a lift ticket that is 3 times the price of some nearby competing areas.

Agree rocked up with my epic pass and my receipt from the approved accomodation partner to the Le Chable windows first thing on a Saturday following the instructions on their website to the letter and Madame Harridan insisted I couldn't have a reciprocal pass even brandishing the binder which had the exact same "rules" as I had followed as proof. Eventually she relented and gave me a comp one way ride up to Medran to sort it out up there where suddenly it was no problem. Fortunately I'm used to the odd bit of asshole european service but if you are say a US guest showing up at one of Europe's supposed premier resorts and that's the first impression you get stepping off the train Shocked
ski holidays
Came across a familiar face today riding along La Planie from Les Ruinettes to Croix de Cœur!

snow conditions
Boys loving the Bikepark 🚴

T-Bar open for business 🍣

Memories of Iceland up at Super St Bernard

Loving the long Summer days in the mountains
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, lost in translation?
ski holidays
@BobinCH, I know!!

We only found her today...and as I had not seen your post it came as quite a surprise!

Her bum gets quite a lot of exposure too...to save the effort of close examination of the artwork she is the letter I.

The lass is in Cardrona (New Zealand) for their winter and then off to Japan for the winter so she won't get to see herself all over the mountain...
snow report
@rungsp, brilliant 😜 Proud dad I'm sure!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy