Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2016/17 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
I believe it was cancelled more often than not due to weather conditions 😥
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty nasty day today, loads of cloud and mist with a tiny amount of snow forecast. Sun should be back tomorrow. I'm skiing in Alpe d'Huez with the French friend who came here Monday. Although she's very biased towards ADH, she's skied there all her life, she admits the snow is better here atm 😁 I expect to be dragged screaming down the tunnel and goodness knows what else 😮

Lot of snow forecast for early next week just as I'm planning on leaving for a short UK visit 😮
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely day today, skied with a fellow Snowhead who has just arrived for a 5 week stay. Warm and sunny we skied plenty in 5½ hours. Snow still good and some pretty nice spring snow lower later.

Lot of snow forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday and perhaps next week-end.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nicer day yesterday than expected, Sunny but colder with a stiff wind higher. Sky is full of cloud now and its very windy, snow has started to fall. I'm heading to UK for a few days 😥
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spring snow already?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunny and warm for a couple of days. I'm in Troyes which is pretty cold and miserable.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And we won't even mention the state of the sausages there... Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As Claude is away I thought Id give you an update. It snowed all day yesterday. High winds and poor visibility though. Only managed half a day as it was bitter in the wind and the Glacier was closed. It continued to snow most of the night.
It looked cloudy early morning so headed to the Vallée Blanche side. Then the sun came out and the conditions were epic. The off piste got tracked pretty quick but it was great while it lasted.

Looking out the window its dumping down again and the forecast looks like its not letting up. Anyone coming next week should have fresh pow too Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And I'm in Cambridgeshire 😣
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sounds like terrible timing @Claude B,

Guess you'll be back soon though, enjoy! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back, plenty of new snowboard although I think wind and vis hasn't been great. Will investigate further tomorrow 😁
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Claude B wrote:
new snowboard 😁

I assume you mean snow ? You have'nt have you ? Surely not ? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skitow, bloody autocorrect of course not 😁
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots closed up high early today. Went up Vallée Blanche at 10 and the new snow was very nice indeed. Did a couple of nice off piste runs (see photo), a bit tracked but nice. Went over the other side later but it was still difficult getting higher. Ended up doing the Diable Blacks back to resort a couple of times instead. Cracking day.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Claude B,

Looks like two mates & me could very well end up somewhere 'snowy' a week Saturday Toofy Grin

One of the group is looking @ Tignes in a s/catered apartment which we would need a transfer from Geneva.

Arrival Saturday 18/03 approx 1600hrs depart Thursday 23/03 late afternoon, flight around 2100hrs which as you will appreciate is a headache in itself due to not being Sat-Sat Puzzled

I mentioned last years trip & told them how awesome it was in L2A & I said I would have a look round here & see if anyone has options available.
snow report
@michaelbury17, Plenty of snow here now. I would think you would have to pay for an apartment for the week but it's not a peak week and there should be plenty available. I think a car would be best. There is a shuttle from Geneva to Grenoble and local buses to here. Timetables in first post.
snow report
@michaelbury17, the resort reservations website has options for flexible rentals. Wouldn't hurt trying, you never know wink
snow report
@Claude B, so I see, appears that now is the time to enjoy the best of the season Toofy Grin

Appreciate that we would incur a weeks rental, do you know anyone in resort who has an apartment available, preferably close to the Diable?

Good idea to use the shuttle/bus, thanks. Skullie
snow report
@moody_git, good point, will have a look later, i am supposed to be working rolling eyes
snow report
@michaelbury17, try www.easiski.com Charlotte looks after a few. Are you still in touch with Keith, he sometimes rents his out.
latest report
try Sarah at Lungostyle .... info@lales2alpes.com
ski holidays
@Claude B, will do, one of the group seems super keen to go Tignes, having a meeting tonight in the pub, could get messy. Flights booked so we are coming just got to agree resort.

Good idea I will message Keith Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
and Charlotte, thanks
ski holidays
Yes Sarah manages loads. Ask her if Tom G's is available.
ski holidays
Beatiful blue sky day although windy which was stripping a lot of snow away. Snow still really nice. Skied pretty hard today from 10.30 - 17.00 and feel I've earned a beer 😃
snow report
@Claude B, sent email to Sarah as well, thanks
ski holidays
Heading out on 25th March with a group. 4-5 of us fancy a guided trip to La Grave at least once. We don't have any of our own off-piste equipment, so would need to hire this (shovel, probe, transceiver). We're all strong piste skiers, but some with limited experience off-piste. One (very good) boarder, the rest on skis.

I presume we'd be better off booking a private guide/instructor than joining a group, but we're quite price sensitive. Anyone got any recommendations?
snow report
@tccambs, Contact European Ski School. They run half and full day trips or it may be just as cheap to hire one of their guys for the day. Ian and Alex are Brits, most of the rest Italian but they all have very good English. Suspect they can provide gear too, if not Ski Extreme next door but one have some for hire.

I love Saturdays, busier than usual but still quieter than other days. Lovely warm sunny day with great snow. Skied 11 to 4.45. Nice lunch, 3 of us Snowheads.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looks absolutely fantastic condition @Claude B, this time next week... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@michaelbury17, are you coming here?

Much better day than forecast. Slightly grey start but lovely, warm and sunny now. I only skied for a couple of hours. I gave achilles a whistle stop tour as hé hasn't been for a few years. Snow was lovely too.
ski holidays
Lovely day yesterday. 3 of us skied together before meeting others for lunch. I skied with 4 lovely ladies all afternoon in perfect conditions. I would post a picture but I wouldn't want to make you too envious 😋

Obviously bought completely down to earth when I heard of the fatality here Sunday 😥😥

Not skiing today after 6 straight days, trip to Serre Chevalier Wednesday.
latest report
Land in resort on Saturday. First return after my first ever ski trip about 20 years ago. Cannot wait. Love a bit of spring skiing.
snow conditions
@cham08, enjoy
snow conditions
I am also arriving sat eve, just in time for the rain. also thinking of a day in La Grave , as well as a heli trip aross to alpe D'huez. Hopefully the FL will drop a few hundred meters and we get some snow somewhere.
Have arva kit so just need a guide for a day , if its snows of course.
Last skied there in 98/99 so its been a while, but I do remember he inverted runs , and horrible green cat track home run
ski holidays
We arrive a week on saturday,
hoping that the forecast rain is a bad prediction and all turns into snow!

Looks like some good snow further up, Hope you guys will keep us posted on if there is rain or not!
snow conditions
Woops, didn't ski Tuesday and at Serre Chevalier yesterday but skied today. Very warm but snow here is still great. Higher snow is as good as any time all winter and lower great Spring snow. Last run today was down the Diable black (used to bé Y) which not many people find. Never pisted it was gorgeous off piste like spring snow 😃 Skinning up Vallée Blanche tomorrow 😮
snow conditions
Really hot and sunny today. 3 of us went for a bit of a play on touring skis on Vallée Blanche. Nothing major 2.6 km, 450 m of vertical in 1¼ hours. The other 2 were 22 and 25 years my junior 😮 Made a nice change although the ski down wasn't great.

ski holidays
Pretty grim today. I went up about 11 in flattish light with hints of sun. Cloud started to win though with a little snow higher. Now raining in resort and freezing point is pretty high. Not doing lower slopes any good.
snow report
well thats awfully crap! at least it is snowing further up so it just means i'll probably need to come down in a lift once i'm there, unless it just snows tonnes to resort before next saturday!
latest report
On Thursday I skied to the bottom on the blue Jandri 1. Snow was deep, heavy and mogully - and there was a lot of traffic. Quite skiable - but not high on my fun list. However, the resort as a whole still was. On Friday the snow was good on piste from 3600 to the bottom of the Cretes area. The black Super Diable run was in superb condition - very even spring snow. As a side comment it's rather more of a black than the Dolomites blacks i have skied lately. I found myself doing stem christy tunes and short traverses - another season with easiski called for when I am next that way. Went down to the bottom on the white eggs. No big deal. To sum up: though a lift down to the bottom was worth considering, the resort's snow as a whole was in very good condition. The weather in the area was warm and sunny; the benefit of the high altitude was obvious.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy