Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Wouldn't it have been more French to have the opening ceremony on the last day of the season Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The lifts have now closed over in La Plagne as well today, but what a great finish to the season. They managed to keep the link to Les Coches open just and so we finished with a ski across the whole paradiski area with some of the group heading down to the Champagny picnic hut for lunch whilst we made one final trip off the back of the Bellecote. A great way to finish the season. More details over on the Les Arcs thread and photos on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So, with 8 months now to go before La Plagne opens again, it is back to spying on the place by webcam.
Bergerie looks rather sad, with of a lot of brownish snow.
And i don't think i've ever seen the snow line so high on the other side of the valley as seen from the Montalbert camera.
Meantime it seems winter - and snow - has returned to Austria.
I wonder what next season will bring . . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
So just what was the point of that "ceremony" on March 30th?
Lets hope it does really open for next season - would have been really useful this season when the run down to La Roche became Himalayan before the final road.

The stream that runs across the track was making an appearance each afternoon as well Confused

All credit to the Tourist office for keeping the camera running - I suspect that some commercial interests would want it turned off when snow conditions are shown as less than perfect! Even in March ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, boredsurfin, have you had a look at those cameras recently?
Winter has returned!
Bergerie is looking better than it has for weeks
And the snow even made it down to Montalbert.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@boredsurfin, It sure has changed since you posted on Sunday. I can see snow down to Montchavin in the trees from my place and very white higher up. Will post again later after I have been out skinning. It is looking good right now! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow disappearing fast.
Temperatures up to 17C today: http://www.la-plagne.com/
But then back to snow and freezing tomorrow!
Funny old thing this Spring weather.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The snow was back again this morning, but the temps are up and down and then up again very fast. It did look very white even lower down in the morning, but now the snowline is moving back up. Unless it snows again tonight of course!! A few more weeks with fresh snow would be fun even if the lifts are closed. But talking to one friend he now wants the summer to arrive so that he can get on with his other work! A nice couple of fresh powder days next weekend would finish the season for me just right! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You know stats are genuinely BS when Montalbert is labelled 14th snowiest place in the world....beating Whistler. Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thefatcontroller, Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
@thefatcontroller, Shocked

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And Champagny 11th, with Les Arcs not even in the top 20!

But not looking so snowy on the webcam.

We hope to be in La Plagne next month - anyone or some whitewater rafting?
Might even give the Tignes glacier a go.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, Try SUP down at Centron with Lime Ski school Craig http://www.standuppaddleboardfrance.com
Tignes glacier has to be done followed by lunch in the hot sunshine down by the lake, followed by a round of golf if you are so inclined!
I take it you know of Plan d'eau at Aime. http://locationlaplagne-paradise.fr/plan-eau-versants-aime-la-plagne/ a great spot for a picnic or a full blown French style BBQ and maybe some Parcour followed by a refreshing swim in the lake.

We'll be in Monty from 17th onwards, looking forward to electric mountain biking around La Plagne, off on an early start (long drive) to watch TdF on the 19th (stage 17)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of good ideas boredsurfin.
Definitely hope to do Tignes glacier - not done summer skiing since Zermat in 1990.
I didn't know about Plan d'eau, but i'm sure Shewhomustbeobeyed does.
And of course, the day you get to Monty is the day we get home to UK Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonpim, of course! How do we manage to plan it! Shocked
snow report
and finally the Envers lift is open ..but only Mondays to Thursdays in the summer season

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-07-17 19:35; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Hi tech information signs as well

snow conditions
From the sign it's open from Monday TO Thursday. But good news for next season either way
ski holidays
oops! Should wear my glasses Toofy Grin
ski holidays
The new lift over your side look's nice, but it is a real mess over on the Les Coches side while they are replacing the Crozats chair. As for taking out the Carroley. That is CRAZY! It will end up like on the Montalbert side and needing to put it back in again next year!? What are they thinking!

I will post more details after I have been up top to have a proper look. Sad Not happy!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 22-07-17 12:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
The new lift over your side look's nice, but it is a real mess over on the Les Coches side while they are replacing the Crozats chair. As for taking out the Carreley. That is CRAZY! It will end up like on the Montalbert side and needing to put it back in again next year!? What are they thinking!

I will post more details after I have been up top to have a proper look. Sad Not happy!

Way too many chairs on the Les Coches/Montchavin side, there are longer terms plans to remove a few more of them. The design and linking to the Vanoise is rubbish, don't go over anymore, the better skiiing is further into La Plagne but takes to long to get there and invariably it is brutally cold sitting on lifts than side.
snow report
@snowcrazy, Theres all sorts of arguments going on about the lifts in that sector, I guess it'll be wait and see. But maybe the masterplan is to stop people escaping from the huge new developments in Les Arcs Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@thefatcontroller, Have to disagree with you about the chairs and the quailty of skiing in this area. I like the many options there are right now as it gives you access to lots of different skiing at all levels. It also spreads the people around the way it is. By taking out some of these lifts and not replacing them you will force all the people into a smaller area which will make the journey to the main La plagne area just as slow IMO (Hope I am wrong!) As for getting cold, yes, it can be very cold until you get to the sun above the trees, but towards the end of the season it is really pleasant on the warmer days.

@boredsurfin, yes I think you may be right. They do not even have any signs on the Les Arcs side this summer telling mountain bikers how to get to the Vanoise Express. Not even one bike trail that ends at the cable car. However I think they have another idea. Keep the Les Coches side for CLUB MED. They seem to be going over that side quite a bit these days!

I hope to get up top on that side next week so will find out exactly what they now have planned and will post again with the news. As you say, loads of discussions still going on.
snow report
@thefatcontroller, I love the skiing above Les Coches. Would love to see some upgrades on the lifts but don't we always say that about anywhere.
latest report
Another update with the latest news of developments in Les Arcs and above Les Coches has been posted in the Les Arcs thread on snowheads at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126740 and also over on the Les Arcs Summer page with photos.

EDIT: I have just added an update for the 30 July including links to French pages giving more details of all developments if you fancy testing your language skills.

Take a look. Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer/
snow report
La Plagne have now confirmed that the proposed carpet lift to connect the replacement Crozats chair with the Montchavin sector will be in place in time for this coming season - perhaps more exciting is that it is made by "FunBelt" and will be called "Carpet of the Angel" - top marks for creative license here!!!

I still can't help but think that it's all a bit of a nonsense - If you find yourself down at Crozats, you'll need to take the chair up to Arpette, then the Fun Belt, then grab hold of the tow rope along the bottom of Dos Rond, just to get yourself back to the point at which you can ski back down through the Montchavin sector - that's going to be quite a painful journey with kids or beginners in tow.

More details of the on going lift work in La Plagne posted here: http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm
ski holidays
chopkins13, Should help to keep the Les Arcs lot in Les Arcs wink
snow report
Fixed link from Aime to La Plagne raises its head again. This time its between Aime rail station and La Roche (for La Plagne)
http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2017/08/05/bientot-une-liaison-teleportee-pour-rejoindre-la-station
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, boredsurfin, this has been buzzing around on the breeze for some time now.
Great idea: train to La Roche, then Gondola up to 2000.
La Roche area is ripe for development, and the restaurant there would get a lovely boost to compensate for lost trade due to Envers lift.
Plus, of course, Aime would get a real boost: its a lovely town off the main street.
snow report
Chef Phil Howard who has been responsible for at least 3 of Londons top restaurants is to open a restaurant in La Plagne Montalbert. He is developing a new restaurant in the premises currently occupied by the Ti co Zee restauant

Good news for gourmets who will frequent La Plagne Montalbert this winter. British chef Phil Howard will open a restaurant there. Well known across the Channel, he received two Michelin stars for one of his London restaurants!

Another name of gastronomy will leave its imprint on the spot. Jean-Michel Bouvier (La Maison Bouvier and the Panoramic in Tignes) will compose the map of a restaurant of altitude that will open on the heights of the station.

https://t.co/6TIwXfwbUx

Phil's current restaurant http://www.elystanstreet.com/phil-howard/
snow report
@boredsurfin, that is good news. I always like good food. Think there will be more visits over to your side. I just hope they get the mess at Les Coches sorted out. I just do not see how what they are doing is going to speed up crossing over to La Plagne or getting back home for us. But I hope I am wrong! I just posted some new photos on the Les Arcs Summer page of the progress of various works on both sides of the Vanoise Express.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer/
snow report
boredsurfin, i see work has started on the new place at top of the Montalbert Gondola.
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/webcam-montalbert-fornelet
Lets hope they manage to finish this in time for the new season.
ski holidays
Jonpim, Yep, its quite busy up there, I'll post a pic if I get up there this week. Its planned to open for the coming season, as is Phil Howards...

This was taken back in July
snow conditions
Posted a few more photos of the developments above Les Coches and on the Belle Plagne side with the new moving floor and top of Crozats lift over on the Les Arcs Summer page in the Summer August 2017 Album for anyone interested.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer/
latest report
All the latest news about the coming season in La Plagne and planned developments up to 2022
http://presse-laplagne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/La_Plagne-PressKit-Winter17-18-1.pdf
latest report
@boredsurfin, I just looked at the link you posted and it just seems to be the normal stuff about hotels, events etc but nothing much about 'on piste' lift developments or other ski related stuff. I find these so called press releases from Les Arcs and La Plagne just promotions and not actually very useful for snow related developments. Or have I missed something! Toofy Grin

I will post another 'on piste' review after the lifts close on Sunday plus whatever other new stuff I have managed to find out.
ski holidays
@snowcrazy, Last couple of years they have been putting piste developments in that presse pack, I guess its now back to the old days of rumour and heresay regarding piste/lift investment Sad
snow report
Well, boredsurfin, i found your Press Kit quite interesting.
Lots going on.
The 360 restaurant looks even more intriguing: downstairs help-yourself and upstairs table service for the toffs.
The Go to Ski Snow Scooter seems an excellent development, helping both beginners and disabled.
The new spa in Plagne Centre looks good.
And we'll be there for the Yeti Race this year - might give it a go.
But i do have concerns the place might be in danger of over-development: 2450 new beds? Not good for peak time crowds and queues.
More stuff in the 2000 Press Kit: http://presse-laplagne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DP_PlagneAime2000-oct2016-1.pdf
snow conditions
Hi All.

Is there going to be a La Plagne 2017/8 thread?

Cheers.

Wyn
ski holidays
TWJ wrote:
Hi All.

Is there going to be a La Plagne 2017/8 thread?

Cheers.

Wyn

There will be if someone starts one.

Anyone can start a thread, about anything (as long as it is on the correct board), at any time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy