Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
rogg wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
BoardieK wrote:
Here's a nice BBC headline: 'UK wellbeing rises after Brexit vote'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41893598

Let's hope "Wellbeing" equates to, "Being Well" - as the waiting list for Orthopedics in NI is 3 years and there is a predicted NHS meltdown this winter, with a lack of Nurses to man the wards.

I live in the EU just over the border from you. I’ve just prolapsed my L5S1 disc and can’t do much other than lie down right now. I’ve seen my GP, which I paid for and am now on the HSE (ROIs version of the NHS) waiting list to see the orthopedic consultant. I just shelled out €300 to see the same consultant privately and he said he would expect to see me in approx 3 years time for the consultation on the HSE list then 3-4 years wait for surgery. So that’s seven years wait for surgery for me, unless I come up with €8k in cash when I can have it next week.

In summary 3 years - from where I’m sitting that sounds great.

book a trip to an Eastern EU country get it sortded next week for a fraction of the cost, this is what Germans are doing now . The Easter Euro Contutries have State of the Art Hospitals nowaday.s & Insurance Policys issued in the EU will cover the costs
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rogg wrote:

I live in the EU just over the border from you. I’ve just prolapsed my L5S1 disc and can’t do much other than lie down right now. I’ve seen my GP, which I paid for and am now on the HSE (ROIs version of the NHS) waiting list to see the orthopedic consultant. I just shelled out €300 to see the same consultant privately and he said he would expect to see me in approx 3 years time for the consultation on the HSE list then 3-4 years wait for surgery. So that’s seven years wait for surgery for me, unless I come up with €8k in cash when I can have it next week.

In summary 3 years - from where I’m sitting that sounds great.

I'm very sorry to hear that - I worked in ROI (even though I live in NI) for over 30 years, so know how expensive it is to see a Doctor and get a prescription......although if you go private, the Blackrock Clinic is truly excellent.

When I had surgery (L3/L4 fusion), I had private insurance through my job, so was OK. If I need further intervention, I'm now on my own. I suspect that 3 years is to see a Surgeon, but I'm not sure how long it would take after that. It's pathetic - given we have 1.5 billion unallocated money and no Govt, who are too busy arguing about an Irish Language act.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Toxic UK Government is bringing the Pound down

https://www.ft.com/content/9d4c9b7c-3d85-3df1-861d-6c41245b823a

Here is Why

http://www.cityam.com/275609/pound-tumbling-against-dollar-and-euro-heres-why
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sooner we get out the better.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
things are not working out..

http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-sterling/sterling-hits-three-week-low-vs-euro-after-uk-inflation-misses-expectations-idUSKBN1DE15M

A no deal or crash out will see Sterling fall to below parity
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you keep saying it it might happen eh?

Whopper!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£ is being walked down & manipulated at every opportunity, as its in their interest to do so. Its in the interest of those who keep it artificially low to do so. Teresa May farts & the pound falls, yet political issues in Germany, France, Austria & Spain (+ the Eastern Europe Stance) has done nothing to the Euro.
It makes our bigger businesses more attractive as a takeover. Now we have workplace pensions, etc. - dont be surprised to see some of that sectors UK companies get gobbled up..
I work in a completely different industry, and there are already takeover rumours by investment funds, to the point of a business as usual email.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just in case you folks have not been watching the strength of the Eurozone & it effect on Brexit Sterling.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/8000-euro-boom-gbp-to-eur-conversion
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stanton, there is nothing new to this. There is a long history of economic growth cycles between UK, Europe and US being out of sync resulting in fluctuating exchange rates when there is a large disparity.

I wonder what the point of repeating what is a cyclical effect as news every time it occurs. It is not news, it is only news if you only have experience of about 5-10 years. Otherwise it is repetitive nonsence, usually written by recently graduated journalists who will not repeat the nonsence when they are 10 years older, or it is written by the marketing department of FX traders.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Bigtipper, Your showing your age.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
@Bigtipper, Your showing your age.

He is - shows he knows what he's on about Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mr.Egg, My financial advisor is getting very nervous about the banking sector in Italy being the next crisis...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chocksaway
No doubt they be forced into austery measures. Greece was a victim of German & French banks wielding power. As if Greece went bust like they wanted to, it woyld have taken France & German Banking Sector with it.... as it is them the Greek money is owed to!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Interestingly, in my recent pension review, UK investments were very strong for the future (global much less so) - so the experts excluding Stanton have a positive outlook for the UK, certainly in the short/medium term.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
martinm wrote:
..so the experts excluding Stanton ..

I think you may wish to rewrite that, it could be taken as implying that stanton is an expert! Shocked
I suggest ".. so the experts (which therefore automatically excludes stanton).... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
It was more a case of 'Stanton thinks he's an expert, so needs excluding' Toofy Grin
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
@chocksaway
No doubt they be forced into austery measures. Greece was a victim of German & French banks wielding power. As if Greece went bust like they wanted to, it woyld have taken France & German Banking Sector with it.... as it is them the Greek money is owed to!

Is that absolutely true? The loans are from ECB, the handling banks just charge for the privilege.
ski holidays
Quote:

Is that absolutely true? The loans are from ECB, the handling banks just charge for the privilege.

There are tons of stories out there about it
http://www.dw.com/en/most-of-greek-bailout-money-went-to-banks-study/a-19234391

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/greece/2015-07-07/pain-athens
latest report
Post-Brexit’ survey reveals big UK traveller price-hike fears

https://www.trbusiness.com/regional-news/europe/post-brexit-survey-reveals-uk-travel-price-hike-fears/131432
snow report
Quote:

Post-Brexit’ survey reveals big UK traveller price-hike fears

https://www.trbusiness.com/regional-news/europe/post-brexit-survey-reveals-uk-travel-price-hike-fears/131432

fears & scaremongering.
I remember when planes was going to fall out the sky & all our electronics would stop working because of the Y2K bug.

At the end of the day, Countries who need our Tourism would have to cut their own cloth accordingly... or you could always holiday in the UK.

Am I worried about the exchange rate?
A little - at the moment it does not have a big dent in the wallet.
2 or 3 cents in a £ is not going to affect my holiday. Prob ok with that upto 10 cents in a £.

Holiday costs are no issue. I go to where/what is in my budget. Actually opens up new areas not thought about before.

Flight costs.. I think there will a big pricing adjustment in the next 5 years. Air Berlin has gone belly up, Monarch has as well.
They cant make money on cheap seats with such a financial penalty for a late flight because of EU law. Nothing to do with Brexit.

EHIC card - well I travel insurance. EHIC card is worthless outside of the EU!

Im British. I love a queue.

Im on Holiday... Why do I want people to be able to contact me?

The rest is rubbish which has already been covered in existing laws being enshrined in the repel bill.
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
EHIC card - well I travel insurance. EHIC card is worthless outside of the EU!
It is good in 32 Countries.

If the EHIC card becomes obsolete for the UK after Brexit be 100% sure Insurance premiums will rise for you

All these additional costs add up !

Winter Sports is a luxury for a lot of folks & they have got used to cheaper snow sports..

Some things people will for go when they see prices rising

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 16-11-17 14:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
EHIC is NOT a European Union arrangement...it is a multi lateral agreement that was, and is, set up as a separate thing from the EU.
There is every reason to expect it continue post Brexit...though nothing is guaranteed in this world.
snow conditions
Not Good

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/8035-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-unicredit-forecast-update
snow report
Quote:

Not Good

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/8035-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-unicredit-forecast-update

One analyst for one italian bank... zzzzzzzz

You dont need to be a banking analyst to know our £ will be weaker half way through the year when everyone is on holiday & production is at its lowest.
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, Makes me a lot of money Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

@Mr.Egg, Makes me a lot of money

& its when I spend a lot of money Laughing
snow conditions
In the very first post of this thread, the pound was said to be with 1.1 US dollars, and 1.03 euros.
As of this morning, it is worth 1.32 US dollars and 1.13 Euro.
snow conditions
@rungsp, no, it's an EEA arrangement which the UK is not independently a member of...

So post crash-out, no EHIC.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Switzerland has EHIC, yet isn't in EU or EEA
latest report
Switzerland negotiates its own agreement. Nothing to stop the UK doing that, maybe by 2025?
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/4mUqxF02B7Q
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@Mr.Egg, Makes me a lot of money Happy

Impossible all your predictions have been wrong. Thank you Mr Mcgee.
ski holidays
@blahblahblah, Errr no wrong again.
snow conditions
Sterling is tanking again this morning as German Coalition talks are back on & new elections unlikely.
latest report
stanton wrote:
Sterling is tanking again this morning as German Coalition talks are back on & new elections unlikely.

Since midnight it has dropped 0.1 of a single euro cent that's a drop of 0.05% (from the BBC at 0827 CET).
snow conditions
Is that more than the 5% bid offer spread?
snow report
GBP worth 1.05 Euro on Dec 24, 2008.

GBP worth 1.12 Euros today.
snow report
mitcva wrote:

Massive Difference

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42096806

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-23/u-k-faces-longest-fall-in-living-standards-since-records-began
latest report
Quote:

Massive Difference

UK unemployment rate: 4.2%
EU unemployment rate: 7.5%
snow report
Quote:

its down a fraction of a cent
Quote:

mitcva wrote:

Massive Difference

Well its a 100 times more than your tanking post.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy