Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its snowing Saalbach/Hinterglemm

Poster: A snowHead
Just had an alert from snow-forcast.com they are expecting 20cm over next 3 days and the webcams are showing white everywhere, resort and on mountains. http://www.saalbach.at/webcam.htm 14 weeks to go for us and we are counting every milli- second
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sharon1953, Looks brilliant, but doesn't say when they're opening or have a search button or contact button on the website!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the snowGod. Only 36 sleeps and I was getting a wee bit worried Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yippee. Already posted the webcam link to Bev. Not sure how many sleeps, but we'll be there on the 24th Dec. Wonderful.

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, same number of sleeps as me - we're going out on the 24th as well. Are you staying in Saalbach or Hinterglemm?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, Lifts open 2nd December http://www.saalbach.at/default.php?id=17&L=1
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.kitzsteinhorn.at/en/news/index.htm

And jsut round the corner here, going on the 17th Dec. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sharon1953, Shame - I was thinking of a quick couple of days before getting going here!!! Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
j2ski's new snow-forecast service is predicting a further 30cm at resort level in neighbouring Zell am See (about 8km from Saalbach). Although the freezing level is looking like it is rising.
http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Austria/Zell_am_See_snow.html
Although places like Zell and Saalbach are quite low (resorts around 1000m and peaks of 2000m), their more easterly position means that they are often significantly colder at the same altitude, and because it's meadow rather than rock, 20cm is perfect coverage for skiing on.
The only thing to watch at this time of year is that it only takes a quick warm snap, and they snow could quickly dissapear as quickly as it arrived.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RachelQ, 34 now. We will be going with a standard Neilson's package to The Chalet Julienne which is by one of the main lifts in Saalbach apprently. Not been there before, but breaking our Kitzbuhel habit for once. Is it possible to get to and fro between the villages?

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish, we went with Neilson last year and they were very good. This year we've put our own holiday together, staying in the same hotel - the Dorfschmeide in Hinterglemm. Skiing the whole area is really easy - we did the whole circuit last year. I'm not so sure about getting to and fro the villages by road, we didn't go into Saalbach at night, although we plan to this year. It might be a taxi ride I think. Shall we meet up? We're going with another family with two daughters (19 and 16), the same ages as our two sons, we don't tend to see too much of them in the evenings Smile

Have you seen the interactive piste map?
http://intermaps.feratel.com/skimaps/saalbach/saalbach/saalbach.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just checked the book. The Juliane (corrected!) is by the Kolmais lift station and 75m from the centre of Saalbach. As the 24th is my 56th I plan to ski the minute I arrive! See you there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Our posts cross. Jon will be 16 tomorrow so it looks like we can pool teenagers! he will be glad not to have to ski with the slow and ancients all the time, so it would be very good to meet up. And there is my birthday to celebrate. (or is it too many for that?) snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, it's never too many to celebrate Very Happy and anyway, who needs an excuse for a party? I'll PM you my mobile, and Happy Birthday for Christmas Eve and Jon for tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Bish, and RachelQ, I am planning to stay in Salbach until Dec 20.
I can provide you with a first-hand and 'reliable' snow and piste report. Smile
It seems they open some upper slopes next week. Smile Smile
latest report
kerekip, Thanks. Not that I'm obsessive or anything, but I do like to keep an eye on the white stuff! snowHead
snow conditions
kerekip, thank you. I'd like to be able to get to Leogang this year, we could only ski as far as Vorderglemm last Christmas, so it would be good to have a 'reliable' report from you.
snow conditions
Only 39 sleeps until I'm in Bad Gastein! It's looking white!

Then off to Saalbach the same time as Sharon so pleased to see it looking white there too!
ski holidays
Just been confirmed that a few of Saalbachs lifs are going to open earlier (26/27 Nov) due to good snow conditions.
Lets hope it last till mid Jan when I'm due there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy